Sign in to follow this  
Miles

2 18's in a Ford Ranger

Well, I just finished this install not too long ago. Once the amps get in I'll get video of it running at it's full potential. Here's the link to the build on ca.com.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312198

Tell me what you think.

Nice build man, but like someone on there said, some bracing would have probably been good. But that should be loud anyways.

Edited by Balla-D

Yeah, it would have been better to put more barcing in it, but when we had it playing on the shop floor (before we put it in the truck we just had it hooked to my amp with the box laying on the shop floor) and the box didn't flex one bit. So I thought that a 2x10 would be sufficient.

Nice man. Not thread jacking, but i saw your dodge (i think it was yours) and you said you had a 12 Bl. I've got an extended cab dodge, and just curious to how it sounds in there (i think yours was a reg. cab though). Gotta say, i'm very jealous of your freind haha

Very Nice install !!! what amp are you using for the subs ?

Very Nice install !!! what amp are you using for the subs ?

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say

Sub amps: 2 Hifonics Bxi2608D (will be coming Thursday)

Just a guess though :)

I'm jealous! I too have a ranger and am working with those exact same size restrictions but I chose to go the two 15s route and stay below the window line. (partially)

The 5" hump on the floor is a pain in the butt, I like your solution to that though. I've always put blocks in the front and used that space underneath for my amps.

Thanks guys. Everybody has been impressed that's seen this setup. I really like it alot. And yes, that was my white regular cab dodge with the Bl12. And with only 750 rms going to it, it POUNDS. Completely shakes everything in my truck. And, to bigpete, I'm still a junior in high school, so that's why I just used the woodshop to build it. :)