JazzScreamer

Sound Transmission Loss- LL/LLP

Does anyone know the STC numbers for the Luxury Liner and Pro? I would like to compare this with other products. Thanks :neil:

Here are the numbers. From my research of similar products. This is a great STC average for the price, weight, and heat and overall effectiveness.

100: 14

125: 16

160: 13

200: 16

250: 18

315: 19

400: 19

500: 21

630: 23

800: 26

1K: 28

1.25k: 29

1.6k: 31

2K: 33

2.5k: 35

3.15k: 37

4K: 40

5k: 42

Edited by JazzScreamer

Curious where you found those? I haven't seen any numerical testing before.

These were send to me per request from SSAudio. These are important numbers to consider for your sound dampening needs. I'm surprised that the website did not publish these. Very comparable with Noisedead.com's Vertex Barrier.

Edited by JazzScreamer

I must add to this post that the STC value of LLP is one of the best values on the market for this level of dampening. Not only that but, the materials used are great. I look forward to using it in the future. If you look at similar products that have the same qualities, they are much thicker and are not very car friendly.

Here are the numbers. From my research of similar products. This is a great STC average for the price, weight, and heat and overall effectiveness.

Looks like you just copied an pasted the data from my website????

Where are Anthony's figures???

Also, STC and STL are not exactly the same thing.

John

Vertex Mobile Sound Products

Dr Durden, are you associated with Vertex for commercial construction at all? My company has a small division that deals with Vertex for floor impact absorption for mulit-rise buildings.

There has been good coverage of sound deadening for automotive, but not so much sound absorption materials like Overkill, Ensolite, or Vertex.

Dr Durden, are you associated with Vertex for commercial construction at all? My company has a small division that deals with Vertex for floor impact absorption for mulit-rise buildings.

There has been good coverage of sound deadening for automotive, but not so much sound absorption materials like Overkill, Ensolite, or Vertex.

Must be a different Vertex, so no that's not me.

John

Man, I missed the update on where he got them. It looks to me like if he got them from SS that Ant copied it from you. :(

Do you have any samples SSA members could try out?

It is what I will be using on my next car...and first hand should see Dr. D's before then.

Of Vertex Barrier Pad?? I'm sold out and don't intend on offering it any longer.

It's cool dudes, Ant and I sell the same product. He sells it by 2' sheets (24" x 54" = 9sqft) and I sell it by 5' sheets (60" x 54" = 22.5 sqft).

Therefore, the specs are the same.

It's a quality product and you'll get great results. :drink40:fing05.gif

And word to the wise, products like OverKill and Ensolite are not even close to being in the same level as LLP or VBP. 1/8" closed cell foam probably has an overall STC of about 3~5.

John

What site is this?

Of Vertex Barrier Pad?? I'm sold out and don't intend on offering it any longer.

It's cool dudes, Ant and I sell the same product. He sells it by 2' sheets (24" x 54" = 9sqft) and I sell it by 5' sheets (60" x 54" = 22.5 sqft).

Therefore, the specs are the same.

It's a quality product and you'll get great results. :drink40:fing05.gif

Do you plan to offer another product in the future?

Do you plan to offer another product in the future?

If I do, it will be the same 3 I've always offered and more. I'll re-evaluate after the summer, but for now my stock is sold out.

Sorry to dump on this tread. I saw my work being referenced and had to say something. ;)

What site is this?

www.noisedead.com/vbp

Thanks. I give you credit for full disclosure. Why this type of stuff isn't first and foremost for companies like Anthony's is beyond me.

Actually, I know why they do it....I just can't stand it.

What site is this?

www.noisedead.com/vbp

Pisses me off as well.

What site is this?

www.noisedead.com/vbp

Pisses me off as well.

You're telling me!!!! :bull: {censored} :lame:

How did I get these numbers? I simply e-mailed Second Skin and these were the numbers that were given to me. Yes, they are the exact same numbers as Vertex Barrier Pad. This was not a copy and paste job. That would not be cool. I was doing some research before I purchased anything and thought people should be informed. I didn't know that numbers like this could be a bit taboo.

Here are the numbers. From my research of similar products.

That was my tip off, first of all. Second, it looks exactly like how I formated it on my website. Third, it's nowhere to be found on SS's website AFAIK.

Listen, you got what you needed so it's cool. In reality, we're both just going off the testing done on the product and copying it anyway. :neil:

Edited by Dr Durden

With all of the bad behavior that some sound deadener companies can legitimately be called out for, I think some of the anger being expressed here is a little misplaced. Where to use vibration damper and where to use a barrier is a critical question when planning a project, but the swing toward barriers being the one true way is just as silly as claims that vibration damper alone is the solution to your problem