Duran

Box and amp recommendations for a 15" BTL

i want to get a 15" BTL and put it in a 1999 dodge stratus. i cant decide if i want a ported box with the BTL firing at a 45 degree angle towards the trunk and have the port firing towards the seats (i currently leave my back seat down, it is MUCH louder). OR go with a sealed box with the BTL firing towards the seats with my back seat down. i was thinking a Hifonics Brutus 2406 for it, which is 2,400 watts RMS at 1 ohm. i would get it fully loaded. PLEASE MAKE ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS YOU WISH!

another thing is the new BTL's, there is no triple stack magnet!?!?!?!?!?!? it is just a single magnet, why would they to that???

First thing id have to say is do not run a BTL sealed!!!! it just isnt meant for it. as for the BTL's, they've been revamped and you have nothing to worry about with the amount of magnets. If you do some seraching you'll find out that they've been well thought out.

Do you have the electricals for 2400 watts? What set-up do you have now?

First thing id have to say is do not run a BTL sealed!!!! it just isnt meant for it. as for the BTL's, they've been revamped and you have nothing to worry about with the amount of magnets. If you do some seraching you'll find out that they've been well thought out.

Do you have the electricals for 2400 watts? What set-up do you have now?

i have a Iraggi 220 amp HO alternator ordered and will upgrade my big 3 as soon as i get the alt.

No sealed for BTL.

Single magnet on the BTL > triple stack

Might want an extra battery in there too.

depending on what vc configeration you get. I think a kicker zx2500 or maybe a sundown saz3000d would do very well on a single btl

Yeah I had almost all types of Hifonics amps and that brutus bxi2406 is not pushing no where near 2400rms @ 1ohm when I benched it i was getting roughly 2000rms @ 1ohm and 14.5volts... i would definately recomend looking into something else.... if you can find an old hifonics colossus XX II those actually put out 3412rms @ 2ohms and 14.5volts.. but definatley add another battery in the trunk and do the "Big 3" in at least 1/0awg... and do not, i repeat DO NOT! run that BTL in a sealed enclosure

Edited by Thumper