loudcav

Nick Wright FTW

Thanks Nick I just got in the Black CA you sent he was even nice enough to throw in the spray bottle for the accellerator

Accelerants are catalysts which alter a chemical bond, speed up a chemical process, or bring organisms back to homeostasis. An accelerant can be any substance that can bond, mix, or disturb another substance and cause an increase in the speed of a natural, or artificial chemical process.

Same difference. An accelerator is usually used with cyanoacrylates (CA glue) to speed up the curing (drying) process. I have heard from a few SPL competitors that the use of an accelerator will make the CA glue joint a little weaker but have never researched whether this is a attributable to a real scientific effect or is just one of those mystery myths the SPL world is full of.

ooo, I just re-read his post from a Reconing standpoint. And then it made sense.

Black CA is Cyanoacrylate glue that is black. And then.. yeah.

I need to buy myself some of this stuff...Who do i have to kill, i mean PM, around here? :D

money money money gimme glue!

I need to buy myself some of this stuff...Who do i have to kill, i mean PM, around here? :D

money money money gimme glue!

I sent an Email to IA to get it I sent an email to the sales address and Nick replied back on his

Same difference. An accelerator is usually used with cyanoacrylates (CA glue) to speed up the curing (drying) process. I have heard from a few SPL competitors that the use of an accelerator will make the CA glue joint a little weaker but have never researched whether this is a attributable to a real scientific effect or is just one of those mystery myths the SPL world is full of.

If the proper accelerator is used with the proper kind of ca. The glue joint isn't harmed. Use the wrong stuff and it can have adverse effects on it. Many different kinds of ca glue's and almost as many accelerators :)

If the proper accelerator is used with the proper kind of ca. The glue joint isn't harmed. Use the wrong stuff and it can have adverse effects on it. Many different kinds of ca glue's and just almost as many acclerators :)

ya and whatever Nick uses on those woofers is tough as hell I had alot of fun trying to remove it from the baskets

A grinder with a flap wheel is your friend :)

A flapper that wants to grind is your friend too :D

Glad you like it! :) It's very tough stuff!

We do alot of SPL testing and so far accelerator is always the best bet over letting it cure on its own.

If the proper accelerator is used with the proper kind of ca. The glue joint isn't harmed. Use the wrong stuff and it can have adverse effects on it. Many different kinds of ca glue's and almost as many accelerators :)

Thanks for the clarification, Ramos.

What happens when you don't use CA glue...

Video

Uh... what happened ? And what kind of glue did you use ?

Some local store bought glue, I cannot remember what it's called. It's black though.