Sign in to follow this  
rasta4life

How good or bad are US AMPS compared to other high end amps

Many people say that the old school us amps were better probably because they were made in the US.At least in the 21st Century how good or bad in terms of circuitry are the amps compared to old.( I know US Amps AX Line are made here)

i know this will probably sound bad, but how unbiased of an answer do you expect to get out of this question, when you are posting in US Amps official forum. . .

Well all things considered the older US Amps were much smaller in production levels then today it seems. In addition, there was not an entry level line like the XT's are now. I would not consider the older Xterminator's entry level at all. The company has shifted its goals and direct some, much of it was a forced change to stay active and competitive. The new Merlins are very good amplifiers and rank up there with some of the other solid amps of today.

The new AX, I have not yet had a chance to use, but they are spec'd out to be top notch. Not counting the tube model that got mixed reviews. I hope that was unbiased since I could have bought US amps, but grabbed ZED.

Considering how readily available the older stuff is on the used market, I would probably go with that before any of the new production.