Sign in to follow this  
Guinness6

more dampener or get overkill?

well i gots an 03 jetta which is already fairly quiet (ive heard much worse) but im curious of the power of dampener. i plan on ordering about 80 sq ft and starting with the trunk and working my way forward. My goal is mostly to keep the sound in and maybe take out a few small rattles in the process. My question is if ordering the overkill where do i put it in the trunk and how much should i order? i noticed the placement behind the door speakers and on the inner wall of the door. do you think overkill over more layers of dampener is the way to go to up the sound quality inside or should i put more money into more dampener?.... so whats ur advice? thanks in advance.

Sound deadening isn't really for keeping sound in. It will help but it will mainly remove the roadnoise.

Honestly I would do 2 layers of damp, and a layer of luxury liner or overkill pro.

For the trunk I would do 1 solid layer everywhere from the rear seats backwards.

I like your request, normally people want to piss off others around them; keeping it all to yourself is good :)

Definitely applying mat will help do this. Personally I'd put on a single full layer and then anywhere it remains "active" a second. If you can afford an acoustic absorber on top of that it will help as well.

To test for active spots just rap on the metal with your knuckles and you will hear where attention is needed.

In the area's where I laid down just one layer of Damplifier Pro and one layer of Overkill, the difference was night and day.