Chevy350TPI

Wire Dilemna

As you know, a Power Acoustik A2400DB is in transit to my house via UBetterNotScrewUpMyPackageSPS Air Mail.

Wire ... wire ... wire. Wire.

I can get a Power Acoustik 2 gauge kit (complete) for $24 USD + $20 to ship it since I'm in Canada. However, it comes with an AGU style fuse and fuseholder, which will not cut it. So I'd be upgrading to an ANL style fuse and fuseholder. So I'd be paying $44 for the kit, plus another $43 for a fuseholder and fuse - which puts me at $87 USD.

KnuKonceptz has a nice 1/0 gauge kit. Doesn't come with an RCA, but that's not a big deal because I have an extra on here I can use. Of course, KnuKonceptz does NOT ship to Canada. That's a $70 USD kit which includes thicker wire @ 1/0 gauge, and the proper ANL fuse holder and fuse. Also included are four ring terminals. Remote wire = no big deal @ 10 cents a foot.

Now, if I tried piecing a kit together in Canada it would work out to be $65 USD, JUST FOR THE 1/0 WIRE.

1/0 would be ideal to run, no upgrading later on. RCA isn't needed. All connections needed. Power wire + ground wire needed. Remote wire needed. ANL fuse holder and fuse needed. Suggestions as to what to do since the amp will not accept 1/0 gauge, besides trimming the only thing I can think of is a fused distrobution block 1/0 --> 4 maybe a foot before the amp.

Suggestions welcome and needed.

- Steve

what about that welding supply site?

tomorrow nite i will post some links....going to bed here in a few...4am gets here early..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yea i bought some 2/0 and got like 20ft, for about 18$, then just bought a cheap fuse holder and fuse from the zeb for about 15$/

total = alot cheaper than urs.

I think I'm going with the KnuKonceptz 1/0 gauge kit, use my RCA cable, and get some remote wire and speaker wire from them as well.

Total somewhere around $90 USD for everything.

Little expensive it seems, yeah, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper for me. Welding supply, $25 + shipping, which equates to a total of $55 CAD + 14.5% tax = $63 total for just the wire. Then it's another $43 from SoundDomain which is $54 + 14.5% tax = $61 total.

So there, I'm aleady above $120 and don't have speaker wire nor remote wire.

- Steve

steve you confused the crap out of me, haha

I have it all written down on a piece of paper here ... and looking at it now confuses the heck out of me - however, when I look at the bottom of the page and see the Canada price cheaper than the US price - it makes perfect sense.

"Did you know?" Click the following link to read the article - http://www.mytelus.com/money/news/article....ticleID=1742434

- Steve

well you could always go to the hardware store and pick up some pf that house cable, and telephone wire. Cost you about 20bux total. I actually use to have the house cable, it was hard as a bit, to bend and stuff.

All ordered ... will be here next Monday or Tuesday.

- Steve

Darn.

I was gonna say I have a local supplier of Audiopipe 1/0 kits. I could have gotten it for you pretty cheap :(

Bah that sucks. Ah well - next time :)

Let's just pray that the customs doesn't take 5 weeks with my amp.

- Steve

That's what I get for not being here for so long :blink:

All ordered ... will be here next Monday or Tuesday.

- Steve

Darn.

I was gonna say I have a local supplier of Audiopipe 1/0 kits. I could have gotten it for you pretty cheap :(

i'll bite....

how cheap?? i need to upgrade...if the price is right..lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Depends how much I buy. I believe he said if I bought single kits it would be $70, if I buy 4 or more, $55.

Suggestions as to what to do since the amp will not accept 1/0 gauge, besides trimming the only thing I can think of is a fused distrobution block 1/0 --> 4 maybe a foot before the amp.

- Steve

I may have missed this answer because I just skimmed through this thread so don't grill me if I did. They make solid connectors to reduce power / groung wire to size. Goes onto the wire and clamps down with a set screw (like a traditional fuse holder) and the other end is the diameter of the amp's input. I'll see if I can search one down....

Suggestions as to what to do since the amp will not accept 1/0 gauge, besides trimming the only thing I can think of is a fused distrobution block 1/0 --> 4 maybe a foot before the amp.

- Steve

I may have missed this answer because I just skimmed through this thread so don't grill me if I did. They make solid connectors to reduce power / groung wire to size. Goes onto the wire and clamps down with a set screw (like a traditional fuse holder) and the other end is the diameter of the amp's input. I'll see if I can search one down....

.....like so....: http://www.cardomain.com/item/STIS04ADAPT

Depends how much I buy. I believe he said if I bought single kits it would be $70, if I buy 4 or more, $55.

what all comes in the kit?

$70 ain't too bad...

audiopipe is good kit, it' what i ran in the dodge..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1468 - if that's the same kit.

Thanks for the link Trixter. I trim it down for now just to get it going (being careful not to arc it) and order one of those. IIRC, someone told me that they aren't the best solution since they cut down surface area or something of that nature.

- Steve

I think I posted a link above to the kit.

- Steve

Yep, that's it. All at a better price too.