y_d0c

METAL

I haven't been in the doors in an explorer, what sort of space do you have?

I also listen to a lot of metal, and midbass is definitely key. Listen to ///M5, he won't steer you wrong.

I also listen to a lot of metal, and midbass is definitely key. Listen to ///M5, he won't steer you wrong.

what kinda chit do you listen to??

as far as metal goes: Pantera, In Flames, Dimmu, Rammstein, stuff like that

also, 80's and 90's rock, some industrial, been getting into the psychobilly stuff

as far as metal goes: Pantera, In Flames, Dimmu, Rammstein, stuff like that

also, 80's and 90's rock, some industrial, been getting into the psychobilly stuff

pantera................good man :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

3.5 - 4 in or so

Can you do 8's in diameter?

$1k in processing if you keep your head, plus amps for every driver, and new drivers. You still interested?

lol, and it starts.

and doesn't the explorers still have 5x7s all the way around? placed about midlevel in the door? i've not been in a 08, but it seems like ford really loved that size speaker in that location.

if it is a 5x7, it won't be much effort for a dedicated 8" mid to be placed there. though i'm wondering (i'm a bit of a basshead, as sean will attest to) if they are placed at a mid level location what that will do for staging/blending. it will surely help in the ability to hear/fell it though, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

$1k in processing if you keep your head, plus amps for every driver, and new drivers. You still interested?

lol, and it starts.

and doesn't the explorers still have 5x7s all the way around? placed about midlevel in the door? i've not been in a 08, but it seems like ford really loved that size speaker in that location.

if it is a 5x7, it won't be much effort for a dedicated 8" mid to be placed there. though i'm wondering (i'm a bit of a basshead, as sean will attest to) if they are placed at a mid level location what that will do for staging/blending. it will surely help in the ability to hear/fell it though, lol.

:rockwoot:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yes they have 5x7 all the way around.......but 8'', as you said, wont be anything tough......placement wise.....

also they're a little bit ower than mid level.....

cool, nice to know my memory still works, lol. and to assume ford won't change, hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I am also into metal so this thing about good mids is very interesting. Can one have good enough results with 6,5" which was my first thought, or is it better to go with an 8"? I was suggested in the beginning of the thread some PA brands like B&C, would those kind of drivers be better for this kind of application, or not? Should I stick with "car" driver makers? An 8", no problem with crossing, to sub or tweeter?

And for you who likes Arch Enemy, check out Carcass, saw them live at a swedish festival this summer. Michael Amott is playing the guitarr, and they had also borrowed the AE drummer as well as the original drummer wasn't well enough for live gigs yet. Soooooooo good!!!

I also recommend Entombed and Candlemass, and newer material by Cathedral, and Wolf.

I use a pair of B&C 12" coaxials intended for commercial ceiling applications, but for two channel home audio use.

I think most kick toms run around 45-50 Hz, right around where the enclosures are port tuned at.

I dunno...whatever.....but they can churn out the death metal with punch. At 98-100db sensitivity with 400 watt max rating, they can get real loud rather easily.

When I was working out port tuning, I used a sine wave oscillator, a VTVM, and a Sepultura CD for music reference.

:rockwoot:

i like hearing DOUBLE BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i lay dying is crazy

for metal I always liked hearing big and beefy mids with a sealed SQ oriented sub. There may be some low notes in there that you never knew existed

SQ oriented sub?

That polish Black Metal band Behemoth doesn't f*ck around. I'll have to pick up a recording or two of them.

I'm about a million years old so what I listen to is a little dated.

Hell, I remember when Slayer "show no mercy" was a new album.

I pissed many folks off with "Live Undead".

Well, I had (2) 15 inch typeR's powered by a PG MS1000 and a Pioneer P9 deck W/processor. The car was a '95 Cad STS. The car and the setup are long gone now, but when I had it I listen to alot of different metal. From the great Pantera to crazy Strapping Young Lads. But the one I seemed to pop in the cd player most was Diecast (tearing down blue skies). That hit so hard and just sounded awesome. I also loved listening to Mudvayne. I may be of a different breed where I don't like ALOT of midbass and I set my sub crossovers to 50 Hz. I used the rear factory bose speakers but amped them with a 100 watt apline amp. It got really loud, just the way I like it. I love a good guitar riff as much as anybody else does but I have really sensitive ears and to me the guitars always were screaming in my head. By the way I also listen to: Throwdown, A perfect Murder, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Between the Buried and Me, Born of Osiris, The Faceless, Bury your Dead, Demon Hunter, Devil Driver, Divine Heresy, Disturbed, and Coldplay, to name a few.

for me, I am a DIEHARD METALLICA fan to the day I die! Most of there live shit has killer basslines for midbass/sub.

other than Metallica, I listen to 36 CrazyFists, Darkest Hour, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Shadows Fall, Three Inches Of Blood.

I pretty much listen to everything...mostly Metal/Country/Classic Rock/Rap

:band::rockwoot: :rockwoot: :domoslay::rocking::slayer: :slayer: :slayer: