Sign in to follow this  
kentb

Iraggi Alt Making My Battery Light Stay On

so i got an iraggi alt about a month ago and the battery indicator light(on the dash) was on the whole time, it died on me after 5 days, so i sent it back to iraggi.

i installed a stock alt, everything was perfect, the batt light wasn't on.

then i got the replacement alt from iraggi, got it installed and now the batt light is on again.

the voltage is about 14.2.

upgraded big 3

is this normal?

its for a 2000 ford explorer sport 4.0L SOHC

240/165amp Amputator series Iraggi Alternator

Optima Yellowtop(under the hood)

Kinetik hc2400

its not uncommon for that problem to happen with a H/O alternator due to the increased diode pack that is in the alternator on most of them. This is also the same reason most alternator testers cant accurately test a H/O alt...

i have never had that problem.

Have you talked to Dominick about this problem?

Who actually asks the one person that can give them a straight answer nowadays? Forums are the way to go!

talkin to the source it better than talkin to a group of customers who form a decision based on assumptions.

While there are companies that are active on forums, some aren't so the phone is still necessary.

talkin to the source it better than talkin to a group of customers who form a decision based on assumptions.

While there are companies that are active on forums, some aren't so the phone is still necessary.

shizzon........... you talked to a buncha people on the phone that told you, you must have an issolator.......

and besides..... the man stated that he sent the alt back ..... thay sent him a new one... dont you think perhaps he did talk to SOMEONE

shizzon........... you talked to a buncha people on the phone that told you, you must have an issolator.......

and besides..... the man stated that he sent the alt back ..... thay sent him a new one... dont you think perhaps he did talk to SOMEONE

He sent the alternator back because it died, not because the battery light was on.

He sent the alternator back because it died, not because the battery light was on.

rodger that.

he confirmed this a while back on my car that this will never happen to me, it better not!