oxsign

Multiple amps on a single bass knob??

I was wondering how this is done? I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm having a brain fart, and can't figure it out!! :blink: You know how meade and many others can control all their amps (2+) from 1 bass control knob. :neil:

or even a line spliter from radio shack ebay best buy wallmart as long as its 4line.

splitters wont work. i forget why...but i looked into the same thing. something about the signals. the power series amps he has can be put together and all controlled with one knob, but not all amps can do this. if you strap them, they can also be controlled with one knob. you could get something like a maxx-link which will link the amps together, tho not 'strapped'. they'd be tuned the same and would go off one knob also (if i'm thinkin right...havent used a maxx-link in real life tho :()

I replied to this at caraudio.com

Get a PAC inline RCA subwoofer level controller and put it on the RCA's coming directly out of the headunit. That is what I do and it works great.

yep, my AQs come with one so i ordered a PAC to control my Sundown 100.4 as well, just in case.

Scosche makes one too but the better reviews all go to PAC Audio.

I think these are all built with simple rheostat/potentiometers that you can get from radio shack if you measure for the right value and look for the (logarithmic/exponential?) types. If you find that your bass knob is such a single pole potentiometer, you just need to get one of the same value in dual or triple. You can raise or lower gains to match with resistors in series.

... and yeah, that probably didn't simplify anything, but it's start if you're determined.

Edited by Gebrochen