Sign in to follow this  
SplFiend

SI MAG vs FI BL/BTL

My friend has two SI MAG 12's and the same amp as I do, my question is, which sub are the mags more comperable to in output, the BL or the BTL (Both fully loaded)

So would I have to go with the 2 BTL's to be louder or would the BL's match the mags?

Thanks for the help =]

good question/ comparison.

If you both have the same amp odds are you are not going to power the BL's or BTL's properly.

well yeah, hes using one saz-1500d, I have two but I just want to know which would match the output on one. I guess you can change the BTL to just x1 15 and the BL x2 12 because of power issues

BL and BTL will probably be louder, but not guaranteed, but the Mags will absolutely dominate them in sound quality.

yea I really like that comparison also

Edit: I am trying to decide on the Q vs the Mag currently.. I just don't like what I hear about the Mag's V.C. config.

Edited by snb778

Edit: I am trying to decide on the Q vs the Mag currently.. I just don't like what I hear about the Mag's V.C. config.

What problems do you have with it? For a single sub a D2 config is ideal as you can run at 1 ohm, but for multiple subs it does present a problem.

I would say Q vs Mag is more of a fair comparison.

From what I have heard from people who have first hand experience with both the Mag is louder and with better SQ, but it is pretty close.

What problems do you have with it? For a single sub a D2 config is ideal as you can run at 1 ohm, but for multiple subs it does present a problem.

I would want to run 2 of them at 1 ohm... and that wouldn't work unless they made D4's

I would want to run 2 of them at 1 ohm... and that wouldn't work unless they made D4's

Thats what I figured. Nick won't do a D4 since he would have to prototype them and do basically everything from scratch again, he is just that meticulous.

Sign in to follow this