Sign in to follow this  
ptr

Whats the best sub out there at the moment.

Its taken a while but ive finally gone and bought the T20001BD and i got to say it really looks the part!! Now im trying to work out which subs are as hot as this amp looks. I was really interested in getting a Fi mainly because ive heard so much about them on here and watching all the insane vids u all put out. They really blow u away! But lately ive been looking at alot of other brands. (There is so many to choose from) So im asking u all what subs are hot out there at the moment. Im looking for a 12" or 2 12"'s maybe i dont mind (Im only in a lil renault clio and thats all im gonna fit) Or that u have found crap and to avoid the ones u had. Any comments will really be appreciated. :drink40:

What are you looking for? Gettin super loud while retaining musicality? Gettin Stupid loud while not sounding like complete ass? Or getting pretty loud while sounding damn nice?

I just want it sounding Bada$$!! I was thinking of a RE or maybe a Cerwin Vega Stroker if not a Fi.. I know theres plenty of different brands out there im just not knowing alot great deal about them.

Your bada$$ may be (actually, probably 100%) different from what the users who know enough to reply to this are going to say. I'm just going to go ahead and warn you what theyre thinking, and that's that they have no idea what your bada$$ is, and are going to ask you just that. And then they're going to ruin all your dreams by telling you that there is no 'best sub' because every person has different tastes, and every setup has so many variable, its impossible to determine one.

Exactly.

Even if there was such a thing as a "best sub", it would be meaningless by itself, I'd worry about other things well before that. It's covering such a tiny fraction of a percent of the total bandwidth...

:( :(

The funny part is, it is so install dependent and from your post I can surely expect you to fail a bit at that portion.

*I do realize that isn't funny to you.

No such thing. Any of the vendors on here make good stuff. If you're looking for a lot of watts, I'd look at Mach5's SPL12.

fing05.gif Thanks!! ive owned a alpine 1507 for the last 10 years (which ive sold now). so its a bit of a step up from running two 500 watt rms subs (being alpines) to a 2000 watt rms sub, i was just asking for advice about the subs/ brands. which ones to stay away from. i guess i should just look at all the good brands to see what suits me best which i will do now! as for the installation i know how to install i know wiring i know boxes so those parts of the install are ok. the only thing thats different is i got to upgrade my electrical system so it can cope with the power being drained when i turn the volume up. other than that everything is the same. and thats one thing i would be doing right!! fing05.gif im sorry i didnt speak more clearly for u all in my first question i just wanted to know the best 1000 or 2000 watt subs for my new amp. 2K rms is new to me. Edited by ptr

im sorry i didnt speak more clearly for u all in my first question i just wanted to know the best 1000 or 2000 watt subs for my new amp. 2K rms is new to me.

There still isn't one. It's going to be install-dependant, and what your definition of "best" is. Some subs that could take that power nicely are the Fi BTL, Incriminator Audio Death Penalty, RE MT, Sundown Nightshade, and Mach 5 SPL.