Sign in to follow this  
manbeer

new member from NY

Hi everyone,

I've been coming to this forum for a long time and finally decided to stop being a lazy bastard and join.

I'm from NY and drive an '07 G35 Coupe 6mt (blk/blk, prem, sport, nav)which is pretty stock right now but it was stolen and recovered from my house a few months back so i will have received/will be installing the following over the next few weeks:

Stillen Intake/ Z-tube

Tanabe 350z GF210's (1.5/1.8" drop)

Nismo Front Bumper

Gialla Grille

Inven Roof Spoiler

EBC Drilled/Slotted Rotors/Greenstuff Pads

20x9.5/20x10.5" Work VS-XX w/ 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 Toyo T1r

Ray's Lugs

Tainted Tails/Custom Painted H/L's

Debadge

I am in a rush to get it done before the 6/17 Hot Import Nights in NY so i am not going to have time to do anything with the stereo before that, but will be looking to put together a sort of "jack-of-all-trades" setup (show/LSQ) and plan on doing some competitions and car shows before the end of the season. My current plans include the SSA Icons, either a single 10 or 12 ported, or 2 10's sealed, with either a SAZ-1500 or a US amps MD3 running them. For components i'm torn between my old favorites, the Diamond S600, or maybe the DLS iridium, and i still haven't decided on an amp to run them yet. Additional power will be via a Kinetik under the hood and a Batcap 800 in the trunk as i am trying to keep it lightweight. I have been out of the audio scene for a few years now and i am amazed how much things have changed.

anyway, i look forward to talking to all of you and hopefully i see some people from here at a few of the NY events :)

-Chris

PS- I will have pics up within the next few weeks, car is getting some paintwork done cause of the theft

anyone have some advice for me on what i should/shouldn't be doing on the install? i am torn between a conventional ported box facing rear, fiberglassing a couple sealed boxes to go in the rear corners, or building a floor enclosure. i have the factory bose 6x9's in the rear deck so i was gonna remove them to get the air flowing into a little better?

anyone have some advice for me on what i should/shouldn't be doing on the install? i am torn between a conventional ported box facing rear, fiberglassing a couple sealed boxes to go in the rear corners, or building a floor enclosure. i have the factory bose 6x9's in the rear deck so i was gonna remove them to get the air flowing into a little better?

i would just build a ported box and feed it good power if u want that glass look , glass the box.That usually looks preety good too.

welcome and best of luck!

post pics and keep us updated, i'm interested at least ; P

:WELCOME:

thank everyone! my main objective here is to keep things as lightweight as possible. for that reason i think a ported enclosure facing back with a single 10 or 12 is the best bet. this way less of the weight is hanging past the rear axle and seriously screwing up my weight distribution. probably will do somewhere in the area of 1.2 cubes tunes to about 32hz on the 10, or about 1.5 cubes on the 12. what kind of power can these things run when properly set up with an SSF in place? can i run a SAZ-1500 to a single driver? I've always been a big fan of less woofers and more power to achieve results. also, would anyone here recommend 2 10's w/ .75 cubes sealed per sub over the ported setup?

Edited by manbeer