Sign in to follow this  
ELmx479

Fi SSD10

I have one SSD10 D2 with copper coils in a sealed box with about 600 watts rms coming from a Phoenix Gold Ti600.2 I know going ported will give me more output but i'd really like to stay with the sealed box I have because it fits perfect in the truck. So, i've been looking into getting a 1000 watt amp like a Sundown 1000 or Alpine PDX 1000. Would this upgrade be worth it or should I stick with what I have?

400 watts RMS increase if your actually gaining that full power should be like 2 db increase according to the rules. If a slightly more then noticeable gain is worth the money to you then go for it, but i find it becomes this never-ending search for louder and louder systems... lol.

400 watts RMS increase if your actually gaining that full power should be like 2 db increase according to the rules. If a slightly more then noticeable gain is worth the money to you then go for it, but i find it becomes this never-ending search for louder and louder systems... lol.

Haha, ya I hear ya there. I'm not really looking for a crazy increase in bass. Half of the reason is I would like to try a more effecient amp also. My 600 is a class A/B that pulls 87 amps of current at full power. And after looking around and reading the reviews about the Fi subs most people are giving them a good bit of power.

I wouldn't expect it to be all that noticeable, it will be different and will mic higher but to your ear you won't be all that impressed.

It might be worth it for the increase in efficiency but I wouldn't count on being able to clearly hear the difference. What would you plan on doing with that PG amp if you did the upgrade?

It might be worth it for the increase in efficiency but I wouldn't count on being able to clearly hear the difference. What would you plan on doing with that PG amp if you did the upgrade?

Most likely adding it to my PG collection. I bought in new back in 2000 or 2001 and it's still in perfect shape so I will most likely keep it. I want to stay with the stock alt (110amp) and just a Yellow Top under the hood in this truck so i'd like to run a more efficient amp.

What do you have in your collection?

Nothing crazy like some of the guys over at the PG forum but I just have a few Titanium amps laying around. Just sold a ZX475ti. A 12in Xmax, Old EQ215X, A brand new still in box TBBKF4 fused distribution block, some RCA's, 1/0 gauge wire, terminal, etc... Selling most of it.

My 600.2 and 500.4 are a perfect matching set so I don't want to part with them.

The amps are under each seat in this ride so I don't mind running something that doesen't match.

I still was unable to find a spec on the Sundown 1000D on what the efficiency is @ 1 ohm?

I know my ti600.2 is less that 50% efficient.

The Sundown will be much more efficient than that and unlike the a/b amp, it will be just as efficient at lower power where you will actually listen to it as it will be at full tilt. This is important because the a/b amp is considerably less efficient at less than full power.

Nothing crazy like some of the guys over at the PG forum but I just have a few Titanium amps laying around. Just sold a ZX475ti. A 12in Xmax, Old EQ215X, A brand new still in box TBBKF4 fused distribution block, some RCA's, 1/0 gauge wire, terminal, etc... Selling most of it.

My 600.2 and 500.4 are a perfect matching set so I don't want to part with them.

The amps are under each seat in this ride so I don't mind running something that doesen't match.

I still was unable to find a spec on the Sundown 1000D on what the efficiency is @ 1 ohm?

I know my ti600.2 is less that 50% efficient.

I am glad you made it over to SSA. :)

Sign in to follow this