Sign in to follow this  
solobarric

midrang

Ok I am putting the finishing tuches on my rear setup but want some input on a solid midrange. I am looking at getting 4 HiVi F6 single 8ohm midrange speakers from partsexpress and wireing them into a 2ohm load to my amp crossed over at 150hrtz or in that area, also in the rear i'll be running 2 Audax 8" subs for the midbass crossed over at like 80hrtz. just wanted to see what you think about this set up.

Why are you even running them in the rear? Those speakers will be playing frequencies that should be in front of you. Not behind you.

You need to start completely over what you are defining isn't going to work.

This is the only spot I have with enough room, also I want the people riding in the back to be able to hear the vocals not just the bass. I have a kicker resolution 6.5 componet set for the front doors with a set of powerbass 4xl midbass for the front as well so I am pritty much set for up there, just wanted to fill out the van with solid sounding highs and midranges not just a ton of bass. I know its not the best place for SQ and imaging but it should fill the van with a nice sounding midrange. Also the speakers will be mounted in a fiberglass enclosure suspended from the rear roof, so there should be no obstructions in the speakers way.

Everything about your install so far makes me sick to my stomach. :(

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish or why, but it isn't making any sense so far.

Putting Kicker 6.5's, Powerbass midbasses, Audax 8" subs crossed as midbasses, with more midranges is not going to sound good and create all sorts of problems. Not to mention hanging things from the ceiling isn't something I'd recommend either.

You also are asking for midrange help without defining a purpose, an aiming, an enclosure size, what amp you are using, what processing you have and so on.

IMO you should stick with off the shelf components as it sure sounds like you are in way over your head.

There must be something in the water in Florida....

What you need to do is define your goals and what you want to accomplish, the gear you already have, and then we can help. Arbitrary decisions on drivers and mountings isn't going to get you anywhere good.

What ///M5 is saying:

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid...

By choosing 1 good pair of tweeter (even horn), 1 good pair of midrange, and maybe 2 good pairs of midbass // EVERYTHING mounted up front.

I'm sure you won't have any problem filling music into your entire car.

If you're scared not to have enough, look at Image Dynamics Ultra Horn. Should be a good starting point.

Hope that helps,

Kelvin