Sign in to follow this  
stevew007

40.1 problems

ok i just got a 40.1 used and I powered it up with no rca's and no load power light.so i hook up rca's and volt meter to gain match and it is in protect. so i unhook everything drain the caps with test light hook it back up and still in protect.then i turn the gain and notice when you wiggle the gain the power light come's on.so i hook up the multi and the amp has output voltage with the protect light on. so my question is is this amp in protect or is it working? should there be a out put voltage with it in protect? my other 40.1 has the same voltage as the one with the protect light. has anyone else seen this problem? i have the amps stacked with carpet between them sitting on a peice of mdf. powered by 2 100lb batt's floating @ 13.8. the amp is grounded on the battery and battery's grounded to the frame. any help would be great thanx

What type of voltage is it putting out when it is in protect? DC or AC Current? What is the number reading? Maybe we can give you a clearer answer.......