djjdnap

WTF i hate this

So i'm in college now and i'm meeting new people that like car audio stuff. But they have Legacy and pyramid and things of that such, but their system is loud. I am going to have to attribute it to the car being small. One is a camry with 2 sony explodes and a powerbass basstube(from wallmart) hooked up to a kenwood amp. It beats pretty decent for the money he wpent on it, but i'm gonna say its a small car.

Next is a chevy nova, again not as small as a camry, but not big either, so he has 2 mtx's whatever kind and a legacy amp. So he has better subs, but a crappy amp and i can barely sit in the back seat and it sounds like the trunk is about to come off.

It makes no since, i'm starting to think why should i buy a 300 dollar sub and 500 dollar amp is i can be cheap about it and still be loud.

Then again i have a towncar and it is extra long. And i think back to my t sexxx's and 1200watts and my back seat of my buik caving in a it remind me why. Needless to say to get that to happen in my lincoln will be extra hard to do. I'm hoping 1 18 should do the trick but i'll get 2 off them anyway just aint got the money.

What kind of a box do you have yours in? Does it have a huge port? What is it tuned to?

I am sure you have them beat in sound quality.

Luxuary cars have thiiick ass back seats(and insulation under the rear deck) and you wont be able to hear chit without power! I had an extra 12L7 and I put it in my dad's crown victoria...we made a ported box to slide under the rear deck lid were the tire lays....I had a bd1000 on it I beleive...it was very quiet up front. Could have been the box though.

my bad man, i aint had internet at home the past few days.

But um i had 1 15in sexxx and 1200 watts. in a small box ported to 45lol. it was about 2.5 3. cubes.

It didnt beat worth nothin, proly cuz of the box and i messed up the sub cuz it was tuned so freakin high. lol.

oh well, i guess i was just tryin to be cheap wt a prefab box and my own lil custom ports added.

oh yea and the point wasn't about my car gettin loud it was about how i can buy cheap stuff and still be loud.

If loud is all you are looking for, you can go cheap if you want. I have to have something that sounds awesome, I can't stand bad sounding bass. I also have space constraints, so 4 type r's wouldnt exactly work.

you know that doesn't sound bad, lol, i could fit about 6 12's in my trunk. I got about 20 cubes of space. Lincoln TC.lol

If I were you, I would invest some money in a better box. I had a box for my 12" XXX that was pretty bad, it had 9 sq inches of port. I hit a 137.7 on the old a/c. I then, redid the box, and made it 42 sq inches of port, and it hit a 137.7 on the new termlab. This was all in a convertible btw.

That is a 6-10 db gain just from changing the box.

Need box plans?

i had some, but sure. I'm gettin an 18in xxx, i need a new amp though.

nope i aiint ordered nothin yet, i just bought some rims and have been broke lately, but i'm supposed to get some birthday money from my mom, well she's buying it. I got an alpine 1507 amp at the moment. its only 900watts. I still got my jbl 1200 also but i need to ship it to this dude very soon.

That's the beauty of car audio. If you want it, it's easily attainable. Every buyer has a market, that's just the way it is. IMO, it's easier to go with cheap chit anyways. If you stuff breaks, it usually cheaper/less hassling, to go out and buy another one. Besides, everyone knows we could all take $2 speakers and $10 amps and still have some good sounds because we're "experts." :P

My friend matt put a Vifa PL 6.5 in a transmission line box at 38 hz. Loudest 6.5 I have ever heard. It played well down to 30 hz. Sounded like a nice 8 or 10. He is building another t-line for the other 6.5. I can't wait to hear that. The pair cost him 30 bucks.