bose301s

Vote for SAZ-1000D!

Should Jake turn SAE-1000D into SAZ-1000D and shakeup lines?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jake turn SAE-1000D into SAZ-1000D and change amp lines?

• Yes
    • No

A vote to have Jacob arrange his lines as such.

Top end: Nightshade NS-4000D

High end: SAZ-1000D, SAZ-2000D, SAZ-3000D

"Entry" line: SAE-800D, SAE-1200D

Vote yes if you like the idea, no if you don't :)

Voted. :)

I of course voted yes because it looks perfect from a consumer standpoint

as for my knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes at sundown and if this is even possible, I have no idea lol

Hopefully this'll work out though!

I of course voted yes because it looks perfect from a consumer standpoint

as for my knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes at sundown and if this is even possible, I have no idea lol

Hopefully this'll work out though!

This was actually proposed by Jake himself, owner of Sundown.

Yep... already talked to the factory about bumping up the transistors and whatnot in the 1000D to make it an SAZ level amp. That way I could still offer the small form amp - and even open it up to owners for the SAX-100.2 and SAX-100.4 - and be free to offer the less expensive SAE-800D model to those who don't care about the size.

Yep... already talked to the factory about bumping up the transistors and whatnot in the 1000D to make it an SAZ level amp. That way I could still offer the small form amp - and even open it up to owners for the SAX-100.2 and SAX-100.4 - and be free to offer the less expensive SAE-800D model to those who don't care about the size.

Well if you put it that way, it seems silly not to do it. :) I am assuming the power supply and other major parts would get juiced up like the 1500D?

Well if you put it that way, it seems silly not to do it. :) I am assuming the power supply and other major parts would get juiced up like the 1500D?

Yep, several tweaks and upgrades would be made to the amp.

I put no before i read the thread. And only said no because the saz lines were overbuilt and abble to do low loads. So if the 100 gets "upgreded" internally then i would have to say yes

Well - I guess that settles it... after the next 100 or so SAE-1000Ds are sold they will become the SAZ-1000D and I'll start making preparations to build the SAE-800D.

Will the 1000D get the SAZ heatsink? It would be great if it would match the SAX amps. I know a few people that went on and purchased the 1500 just so it would match their 100.4.

Will the 1000D get the SAZ heatsink? It would be great if it would match the SAX amps. I know a few people that went on and purchased the 1500 just so it would match their 100.4.

Yep, sure would.

This is exactly why I love Sundown, Stereo Integrity, SSA, Fi, Soundsplinter, Mach 5 and all the companies like them, they are truly doing what their customers want and do actually listen to feedback about everything. Never would you hear about a company like Alpine, JL or Kicker doing something like this because customers wanted it. Way to go Jake and also everyone from all the other companies I listed!

Meant to ask this earlier, would this change affect the pricing for the amp in any way?

Edited by bose301s

So the 1000 will be the same size at the sax 100.2 and share the same heatsink? If they look the same I am ordering one of each as soon as I can. :twirl:

Will be looking at converting to the SAZ-1000D towards October to November as more of the current SAE-1000D are coming in August along with the 3000Ds. Once those are gone the conversion will be made to the SAZ-1000D.

So the 1000 will be the same size at the sax 100.2 and share the same heatsink? If they look the same I am ordering one of each as soon as I can. :twirl:

The 1000D is actually shorter @ 11.5" vs. the 100.2 @ 13.375" - but yes, when converted to the SAZ-1000D it will have the SAX / SAZ casing.

Probably missed my ninja edit on my last post.

Will this in any way affect the pricing of the amp, or will it stay at the price it's at now?

Will this in any way affect the pricing of the amp, or will it stay at the price it's at now?

My build cost would go up a bit under 10% to make the changes but I don't see passing on all of that to the dealers / customers. I may pass on 1/2 of it to dealer cost which may translate into 5-15 dollars more street cost but MSRP will remain the same.

Well aint this a kick in the dick. My sae-1000d is supposed to be in my hands tomorrow lol

My build cost would go up a bit under 10% to make the changes but I don't see passing on all of that to the dealers / customers. I may pass on 1/2 of it to dealer cost which may translate into 5-15 dollars more street cost but MSRP will remain the same.

fing05.gif:) :) :)

Well aint this a kick in the dick. My sae-1000d is supposed to be in my hands tomorrow lol

There will still be over 100 more sold of the current SAE-1000Ds :) Will be several more months until any changes make it to market.