Sign in to follow this  
PTbruiser

few pics of my system

looks.....loud

how big are those boxes?? how much room each sub are you giving them?

how do you like those crunch GP3000d-PRO's?

vids?

looks.....loud

how big are those boxes?? how much room each sub are you giving them?

Each box is 4.25 cu. ft. so each sub gets a little over 2 cu. ft. , the box is to small, I am going to build another box, so each sub will have 2.5 cu. ft. and yes its pretty loud!!!!!

how do you like those crunch GP3000d-PRO's?

vids?

Bigjon...... I really like them, for the price you cant go wrong, seem to put out a lot of power, but they do get hot after playing them loud for awhile, but they havent shutdown yet. I also dont have the electrical system to support 6k watts, I have the factory alt. with 4 ggauge wire running back to a Stinger sp1700 battery in the back, I have a high output alternator being built, then ill put in the 0 gauge power wire , and add a powermaster 3100 battery in the back. Thanks...... Brian

Edited by PTbruiser

better be careful runnin that much power in a to small of box

better be careful runnin that much power in a to small of box

Why? your statement is completely wrong. When you run a ton of power on subs, you need to lower their mechanical efficiency to keep things from breaking, so you run them in smaller boxes.

^ x2. A larger box will increase the efficiency, but decrease the power handling. Vice versa.

At that point I would just build a wall and port them, or build a ported box with all subs face up, and put the box on stilts and put the amps under the box. then use glow fans for cooling and looks under the box, but that's me and I like to be fancy. I'm sure it's loud, just seems that if you are going to use that much space, put it to good use.

Thanks canyonfootball07, I have some videos on the 2nd page, there on the post (a few videos of my system). Mjmarovi , thanks for the suggestions, I was looking for a way to save space, and putting the sub box on stilts and putting amps under the box is a great idea, but I still want to use a sealed box and keep it below the window line. Anybody else have any suggestions on how I should redo my install to save space and keep everything under the window line? Thanks........ Brian

You could upfire the subs and attach the amps to the box in either the front, back, or both.

my suggestion is this....take measurements!! lol it's the best thing to do, figure out exactly what airspace you want for the Q's for whatever goal you have. then figure out how much space you need for the amps/battery. I mean my same idea would for all subs facing up, because you could make the sealed box longer, like the length of the cargo space and put the amps under it. i mean bascially figure out how much height you have to work with from the floor to the window sill, then see how high you need for clearance for the amps, then box tall enough to fit the woofers. then just make the box as long as you need for x amount of air-space. the only reason I like that idea for your vehicle, is it would give your system a cleaner look. it would hid wires, and not look so chopped up. I mean i like your setup, but I think you have a lot of room to work with and really make it look nice!

Sign in to follow this