Sign in to follow this  
Stephan

How To? 2 Car Batteries

If I want to have 1 battery for my electrical system and one for my audio, how do I split the two batteries from the alternator? Split them from alternator into both batteries separately (and then into the capacitor or parrelel to the 2-3-4 car battery)? I don't want the audio system to pull from the cars electrical system.

First things first, if you're going to do a dedicated battery system, you won't be needing the cap - you wouldn't need it even with out the battery, but thats another discussion...

You'll want to look into an isolator to let the alternator charge both batteries, but only use one to run the car electrical and one for the Audio electrical.

First things first, if you're going to do a dedicated battery system, you won't be needing the cap - you wouldn't need it even with out the battery, but thats another discussion...

You'll want to look into an isolator to let the alternator charge both batteries, but only use one to run the car electrical and one for the Audio electrical.

Thank you, can I get an isolator at Autozone or Checkers? How much do they generally run and are they as simple as plugging each cord in and being ready to go??

I fixed my power issue so I am having no voltage drops now @ 2000 watts rms, when I was dropping to 11v before :( Happy it's fixed, so I don' think I need to isolate at this point, I can just throw in extract batteries in parallel, correct?