jonbearsmt

powermaster xs

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/mobile_audio.html

the D 925 is 2400 max amps

the D3100 3200 max amps

the 925 is 150 or so cheaper then the 3100d

i can get 2 925's have more max amps, and less weight for the price?????\

am i reading this right?

yes you are reading that right but you need to dig in and look at the amp hours too with as much power as you are pulling. Those little 925's dont have crap for amp hours and are about the same size as a motorcycle battery. Yes they pack a punch for thier size but arent enough meat for what you are running.

Just as a basis and i hope i am remembering this correctly (if not shame on me), but to run an amp like a 3000d you want a min of about 150 ah on tap.

Edited by kandiman

yes you are reading that right but you need to dig in and look at the amp hours too with as much power as you are pulling. Those little 925's dont have crap for amp hours and are about the same size as a motorcycle battery. Yes they pack a punch for thier size but arent enough meat for what you are running.

Just as a basis and i hope i am remembering this correctly (if not shame on me), but to run an amp like a 3000d you want a min of about 150 ah on tap.

im sure its somthing near that, cause the D3100 has 117 amp hours. and jacobs suggest at least one 1 for a saz 3000d

thanks... i have alot of questions because i dont know alot about the amp hours and max amps...

do with these cells i dont have to charge them with a charger right i can have my alt do that... im just checking cause comeone was telling me that you have to charge the kentics

im sure its somthing near that, cause the D3100 has 117 amp hours. and jacobs suggest at least one 1 for a saz 3000d

thanks... i have alot of questions because i dont know alot about the amp hours and max amps...

do with these cells i dont have to charge them with a charger right i can have my alt do that... im just checking cause comeone was telling me that you have to charge the kentics

Two D925's could easily provide power for up to 5000W (see link to catalog below). What you want to keep in mind though, is if you are short on alternator power you will want a battery with more capacity than the pair of D925's (56Ah total) so that when you dip below your alts capabilities the battery can sustain the load over a longer period of time. So, even though the two D925's can provide the same instant discharge current as the D3100, it's capacity is almost half. So, if you have plenty of alt power and dont need the extra capacity, then 2 D925's would work just fine.

It's good that you guys are keeping the smaller batteries in mind. Some installers will use 4 D680's instead of a single D3100 to spread the weight around and offer more installation options... plus we have some pretty wicked hold downs for them too ;)

Catalog Links: http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/tech_help.html

thanks for your time scottie,

i have alot of devices in my car, tvs, dvd players, tons of lights, and THE A/C..... i have a 200 amp alt, but i would rather not count on it to be there when my amps have depleted.

sooo i think im gonna go with 1 d3100 for now... with plans for another in the future.

scottie, cranking cells, im guessing that the d series is a quick discharge.... or a rapid flow,

so is there any gain of getting a powermaster starter cell? or its it gonna be the same as running a red or a yellow top?

thanks for your time scottie,

i have alot of devices in my car, tvs, dvd players, tons of lights, and THE A/C..... i have a 200 amp alt, but i would rather not count on it to be there when my amps have depleted.

sooo i think im gonna go with 1 d3100 for now... with plans for another in the future.

scottie, cranking cells, im guessing that the d series is a quick discharge.... or a rapid flow,

so is there any gain of getting a powermaster starter cell? or its it gonna be the same as running a red or a yellow top?

The only difference in the 4 small 12v S and D series batteries is that the S series ship with a protective metal case and a pair of brass SAE post adaptors (PN 580). The steel case is to prevent swelling and protect from high heat when used under the hood as starting batteries. The small D series can be used for starting too as long as they are remotely mounted away from heat. The larger D batteries (D5100, D2400, etc.) can all be used under the hood with no problems.