Sign in to follow this  
y_d0c

....deployment.....

fudgein chit...just found out ive been "cordially invited" for an extension on this deployment.

i had one week....fack

:rockwoot::suicide-santa:

Dude I been there.............done that................I am glad they didn't do it a week before we went home...........how long of an extension?

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave has hit the nail right on the head!!!

I was supposed to have been home a month ago...oddly I have another month and a half to go.

I want to thank all the guys/gals doing our dirty work overseas....I did it for years and I know it is no cake walk....you all are stand up people and everyone here should be kissing your asses for the job you are doing!

I want to thank all the guys/gals doing our dirty work overseas....I did it for years and I know it is no cake walk....you all are stand up people and everyone here should be kissing your asses for the job you are doing!

Some may have a different opinion, but I got assigned to recruiting for the last 3 years. And for the last 3 I've said I would have rather deployed haha. Woo recruiting is a different animal in the military. I'm outa this in September though "I think" . Called branch for orders and the lady told me to call back when I finish recruiting. I think I need orders to finish, duh. Couple buddies got extended, so perhaps I have been and no one wants to tell me.

Edited by frank

Dude I been there.............done that................I am glad they didn't do it a week before we went home...........how long of an extension?

2 months...

I was supposed to have been home a month ago...oddly I have another month and a half to go.

oddly enough......

im at peace with it dont get me wrong, considering theres not a damn thing i can do...but fudge ive been gone since last october...going till late august early sept...and ill be back in ILO training this october for another deployment.... im SF in the airforce btw...

tax free = sweet :rockwoot:

Yeah, I'm one of the guys you're doing security for. I volunteered to do a short notice deployment back in October but it got canx'd at the last moment. I spent the next 3 months in limbo about whether or not I was going to deploy and really didn't know for sure until 2 days before I left. I've been extended twice on this deployment so far.

Of course with what I do, being home is really no different than being deployed, I've been fighting OEF and OIF continuously for the last 3 years without a break except for my deployments. At least over here it's tax free with all the other bennies. I should come home with close to $15k in the bank and that's after I bought my HU, Legatias, the stuff to get my SRT-4 back to stock, an Orion XTR amp (for the collection), 3xSundown 100.2, 2 digital cameras (one got lost while traveling around the AOR) and an iPod Nano. I also signed my bonus over here and paid my motorcycles off. If I play it out right, I should be able to pull 9 months out of this year tax-free. Now if only I could get my wife's income to be taxs-free as well...

I am prolly going to Afghanistan here soon.............6 mth TDY tax free

I hear you. I'm going on my 11th year of active duty.

Every single one of my mid east deployments have been extended. My 02' in Oman went from 90 to 190 days... Like 15 days before we were supposed to go home... And that was about 6 months after they ended that $100 a day for every day over 179... Remember that crap?? They'd go broke doing that now... LOL...

Qatar was another good one, started out as a 120, turned into a 175... Just like a week short of short tour credit... Oh well... I have a really good job now, NATO at Ramstein...

2E173, Ground Radio since 97', BTW..

-Mike Edgar

Edited by 95Honda

Yeah, I'm one of the guys you're doing security for. I volunteered to do a short notice deployment back in October but it got canx'd at the last moment. I spent the next 3 months in limbo about whether or not I was going to deploy and really didn't know for sure until 2 days before I left. I've been extended twice on this deployment so far.

Of course with what I do, being home is really no different than being deployed, I've been fighting OEF and OIF continuously for the last 3 years without a break except for my deployments. At least over here it's tax free with all the other bennies. I should come home with close to $15k in the bank and that's after I bought my HU, Legatias, the stuff to get my SRT-4 back to stock, an Orion XTR amp (for the collection), 3xSundown 100.2, 2 digital cameras (one got lost while traveling around the AOR) and an iPod Nano. I also signed my bonus over here and paid my motorcycles off. If I play it out right, I should be able to pull 9 months out of this year tax-free. Now if only I could get my wife's income to be taxs-free as well...

hooray for tax free....i paid off my bike as well, and bought and 08 explorer....next years tax return is gonna be nasty.. :rockwoot: btw wtf do you do?

I am probably going to Afghanistan here soon.............6 mth TDY tax free

im volunteering for Afghanistan....fudge this basrah chit....

i wish i could have a deployment where i can wear civi's and swim in a pool......but then again that really wouldnt be a deployment....

yah well im in iraq right now and im not supposed to be home till the end of the year. i feel your pain. last deployment for me was 18 months in afghanistan.

Where abouts and how soon?

I'd rather not go into what I do. I'm not one of "them" but I do have a pretty sensitive job. One day I'll go into it a bit but not now.

Where abouts and how soon?

I'd rather not go into what I do. I'm not one of "them" but I do have a pretty sensitive job. One day I'll go into it a bit but not now.

I'll have answers within 45 days.............I just gotta leave this command.

And doc civi's and a pool? Can we say a deployment to Kuwait? or Green Zone?

J

dude kuwait is one too............just boring as fuck. only change is how hott it is and the scenery

^^speaking of hot....its avg of 130 right now....had a few days that have been in the upper 140's...

:rockwoot:

Ain't exactly pleasant here. Around 120. At least it isn't humid, though the place I'm headed next week is. It also cools off at night and my shift runs well into the night/early morning. Actually nice when I get off work. Now if the wind would just quit blowing and the dust would die down...

^^that would be fantastic if the winds would die down. We had about two straights weeks of 25-30k winds....itd also be cool if it didnt feel like someone was holding a pucking blowdrier in my face....

i starts mid day and run till about 1 am....it aint bad, still only drops down to about 105 or so...

i dunno if you posted it before and i missed it but where the fudge you at helo???