Sign in to follow this  
Derrick824

New best score

nice. im a nosy guy and i was wondering how many cubic feet you have to each and what they are tuned to.. keep it up and hit 152. :drink40:

if you want that 152 try adding a maxxlink

That is actually on my to do list but haven't gotten to it yet. Lately I've been more concerned with dialing in the tuning perfect. Where's the best place to pick up a Maxx Link? Anyone see any used ones for sale? I'm also thinking of adding more port area to the box. In previous 15" setups, adding a fifth 4" port didn't help but that was with less power and lesser subs. I'm thinking with the extra power and stronger subs that lil bit extra area is needed.

well port area is always something to play with, but too much will def. decrease the pressure. .2 db, super easy to achieve, deadening and just plain sealing stuff up can do that, and raising voltage, just from looking at it, IMO it doesn't look like besides box design/and amps you've done a whole lot to the car. you could consult jacob on this, but i bet just getting the amps off the box would help them perform better and give you that extra .2 db.

honestly Id Email Mike Stires at maxxsonics mikes@maxxsonics.com he can hook you up with one

well port area is always something to play with, but too much will def. decrease the pressure. .2 db, super easy to achieve, deadening and just plain sealing stuff up can do that, and raising voltage, just from looking at it, IMO it doesn't look like besides box design/and amps you've done a whole lot to the car. you could consult jacob on this, but i bet just getting the amps off the box would help them perform better and give you that extra .2 db.

I've never personally experienced an increase in spl with sound deadening and I want the truck to remain absolutely stock anyways. They're aren't any tricks here to get the #s I'm getting. Its all in the equipment & I like it that way. More bragging rights IMO and more of a selling point to someone interested in Sundown Audio. With my 3 Optima G31 YellowTops my voltage holds strong. I can burp it engine off and hold 12.9v without flinching.

you could consult jacob on this, but i bet just getting the amps off the box would help them perform better and give you that extra .2 db.

This has me really curious. Jacob/Someone please educate me how this will allow the amplifiers to put out more power and get me more deebeezz. Right now thats sounding a lil ?!? :shrug:

is that the sweet spot for the box?? perhaps you could try to move it around to see if you gain the .2 ...also if you HU has a control you could try to meter it from the outside holding the backdoor that gave my van .2 dbz good number and good luck

is that the sweet spot for the box?? perhaps you could try to move it around to see if you gain the .2 ...also if you HU has a control you could try to meter it from the outside holding the backdoor that gave my van .2 dbz good number and good luck

Ya'll are talking like I'm a newb to this. lol. Yes thats the sweet spot for the box, yes I know the best positioning for my seats, mirrors, & visors, yes I have people hold my back glass & passenger door, etc., etc. I appreciate the help but jeez give me a little credit. :neil:

Ya'll are talking like I'm a newb to this. lol. Yes thats the sweet spot for the box, yes I know the best positioning for my seats, mirrors, & visors, yes I have people hold my back glass & passenger door, etc., etc. I appreciate the help but jeez give me a little credit. :neil:

Have you tried closing your AC vents.

Or duct taping around the subs?

lol srry bro just tryin to help :) you are deff. not a n00b to be getting that #

No problem man. I hope I didn't soud like an ass or anything. I appreciate all recommendations & comments.

Have you tried closing your AC vents.

Or duct taping around the subs?

Yes I close my ac vents. No I'm not taping up my subs. I don't like the look of it + my cutouts are tight and the subs are screwed down solid. I have taped up my rear side windows and sunroof but only because they were about to be knocked out.

I have taped up my rear side windows and sunroof but only because they were about to be knocked out.

:lol: that much dBs would do that..

mind if i ask around what frequency do you burp at?

nice, very loud score.

what's the resonant frequency of yer car?

keep it up :D

Sign in to follow this