Sign in to follow this  
Mynameismcgyver

Torn on which route to take.

I have a Alpine Mrd-m1005 Amp (1000W Rms 1800 peak) amp in a 4.0 cube 35 hz box (aero port) with Alpine Type R 15. Going to purchase a Fi woofer but really unclear as to which sub I should use. Also unsure to what my setup would compare to an Sq/LSQ/Spl setup. Bassically, I love how my current setup shakes the tip of my nose and the hair on my head when I play good bass songs. Seems to hit the lows reallllly well. Also, moves a decent amount of air. I am leaning more towards that setup but something that will take it to the next level. Should I go with the SSD or the Bl 15?

Knowing that.....My second option is to run my US Amp 2000 (2000W @ 2 ohm) amp to which Ive been told that the SSD will not handle... 2k watts with any sub would blow away with what I have now if im not mistaken...

Direction needed! Thanks

Mike

Sounds like your not really into SQ but more SPL so why not go with an optioned out bl and the larger amp and watch the gains. I'm sure if your careful it will be fine for daily. You could always opt for the BTL provided you have the money and you would be more then ecstatic from your description of what you want.

Sounds like your not really into SQ but more SPL so why not go with an optioned out bl and the larger amp and watch the gains. I'm sure if your careful it will be fine for daily. You could always opt for the BTL provided you have the money and you would be more then ecstatic from your description of what you want.

Thanks for replying. I was thinking more along those lines. Definitely have a good feel for the sub and where its limits are so I can hopefully bank on having the right settings and common sense running a high powered amp on a lower RMS rated sub.

Hmmmm

The BTL would be outta my price range for sure..

Thanks!

Im not familiar with those lines but if i recall bigjon is running two of those subs off 3kw, so 1.5kw a sub... I think ive seen a few more around running that range. If you wait around or search im sure you could find the power options and what they mean. Sorry i cant help ya further!

Available options and what they do:

The BL line is pretty much a lower power alternative to a BTL or a higher power alternative to the Q series of woofers. This is more of a street jamming type woofer that

Sign in to follow this