Sign in to follow this  
caddyon20s

FI BTL CRACKED SPIDER???

Hello i took my btl 18 out of the box today just to change wire size and when i looked at the spider it had like4 small cracks on it what could cause this??? i use to own a bl 15 and the spider got cracked too. i was wonderig if this is a manufacture fault cause the spider is so stiff?? i added some goop it glue to each crack just to keep if from getting all messed up..

lolz my bl 15 fully loaded was running of a rockford fosgae p8002 800watts rms and the spider got cracked and now my btl is running of a orion 2500d 2500 rms my box is tunned at 33hz what could i be doing wrong??

With the btl iirc they will tend to crack slightly due to the stiffness. If its only the top spider, don't worry about it. The spiders on those drivers are very stiff. Hairline cracks happen to spiders all of the time without affecting a drivers performance.

well i added some goop it glue to each one of the cracks just to make sure, on the other spider i dont know since u cant really see them..

i dont thik my orion amp has a subsonic filter thanks though for trying to help. its weird my bl did the same thing with a rockford fosgate p8002 only 800 rms it might me my pioneer head unit whe i had my bl and p8002 when playing loud the sub use to make a dostorded jump, that was only with the pioneer cuase bofore that i had a kenwood and it played really clean thanks...

should i get a recone already????? how much are they for btl 18? and how much would it be if i want fi to do it so it wont look nasty and unprefessional???? thanks people i love fi subs all the way...

Edited by caddyon20s

So no Sub sonic filter and you're clearly clipping the subs.

I think we found our problem.

but how?? my orions input sensivility is 5 v and i think my nead unit is only 4v??? my gain is all the way up but the nead unit is not overpassing the volts?? about the recone how much does it cost to have my fully loaded btl 18 reconed do they still make them since they made a new btl?? the cracks on my subs spider were minor very little i glued it so it should be fine now im my play it till it dies..

but how?? my orions input sensivility is 5 v and i think my nead unit is only 4v??? my gain is all the way up but the nead unit is not overpassing the volts?? about the recone how much does it cost to have my fully loaded btl 18 reconed do they still make them since they made a new btl?? the cracks on my subs spider were minor very little i glued it so it should be fine now im my play it till it dies..

:Doh:

Your gain should match your input voltage, probably around 2.5 volts, so turn your gain back ~ halfway.

got pics? knowing what they are made of, i dont see how it could "crack"....

Your gain should match your input voltage, probably around 2.5 volts, so turn your gain back ~ halfway.

Sorry to sound stupid but the orion has an input sensisivility of 5 volts and my head unit output is 4? its not even 5 like the orion why do i need to set the gain at half??? i did set the gain back 2/3 and i dont like it there is not as much bass as it was... t

Edited by caddyon20s

Sorry to sound stupid but the orion has an input sensisivility of 5 volts and my head unit output is 4? its not even 5 like the orion why do i need to set the gain at half??? i did set the gain back 2/3 and i dont like it there is not as much bass as it was... t

You got more bass due to clipping and sending the sub a dirty signal from the amp not being able to do what it needs to.

For most u can go to 3/4 gain. Full gain is not good. Its like if u ran ur car at the redline all the time. Causes the amp and sub damage. Just like it would cause the engine and transmission damage.

J

Sign in to follow this