Mark LaFountain

putting up the projector today

that looks sweet man. Def nice stuff.

wtf, shouldn't that be covered under the 1 year warranty??? i've had every lcd, lcos or dlp lamp that burned out within a year replaced under the manufacturers warranty. is that outlet in the ceiling filtered and protected? a surge, spike or brownout could have caused an early "blow up."

The unit has a one year, the bulb has 30 day warranty. Can't say that I blame them, but you know...

also there's a surge protector inwall that it's plugged into, and the vent doesn't directly blow on the projector. And yes it's filtered down the chain..

wow, that's pretty lame of optoma, i guess you kind of have your hands tied there. i've used several optoma ez pro's that i never had problems with (i believe they were a 739, 619, and another i cannot remember). i guess you could try and talk them into replacing your bulb, tell em you use the optoma as a display for something and that they're going to lose yours and your customers' business if they cannot rectify the problem... keep escalating and sounding angry and you might get some where with 'em, it's not like projector sales are through the roof with the state of our economy, remind them of that :D

well it was fun while it lasted. The bulb blew(actually exploded) today with only 594hrs of use on it. It was supposed to last up too 2000hrs. It was even mounted next to the AC vent which I thought would help it. Anyways, new bulb is $300, so it will be "out of order" for a while now.

When the bulb exploded did is cause any other damage? I use a similar one maybe a year older than yours.

well it was fun while it lasted. The bulb blew(actually exploded) today with only 594hrs of use on it. It was supposed to last up too 2000hrs. It was even mounted next to the AC vent which I thought would help it. Anyways, new bulb is $300, so it will be "out of order" for a while now.

When the bulb exploded did is cause any other damage? I use a similar one maybe a year older than yours.

I was incased in a bulb enclosure and didn't seem to hurt anything else. So far, I guess I was lucky in that regard.

Maybe I will just replace it to be safe.

I dont know if you have bit the bullet already, but check ebay for that bulb. There are a lot of great aftermarket bulb manufactures for this sort of thing, I would be surprised if you had to pay over 100 bucks for it.

My Mitsubishi TV blew its bulb and I expected to pay $300+ for it, and I found the bulb from a guy on Ebay for 80 bucks.

I dont know if you have bit the bullet already, but check ebay for that bulb. There are a lot of great aftermarket bulb manufactures for this sort of thing, I would be surprised if you had to pay over 100 bucks for it.

My Mitsubishi TV blew its bulb and I expected to pay $300+ for it, and I found the bulb from a guy on Ebay for 80 bucks.

Already done. We keep a small invertory of spare parts.

i've read to many horror stories on these bulbs blowing after you replace them, so i'm going to spend the extra 50-80 bucks and buy it direct from optoma and get a 90 day warranty with it.

i've read to many horror stories on these bulbs blowing after you replace them, so i'm going to spend the extra 50-80 bucks and buy it direct from optoma and get a 90 day warranty with it.

When we purchased our projectors we also negotiated 2 lamps extra for each.

When we purchased our projectors we also negotiated 2 lamps extra for each.

well how does that help me? lols :Doh:

I bought mine at a distributor

You don't purchase wholesale?

What we do is network at the conventions and negotiate price and parts baised on the amount we are buying from the vendors. A lot of times people are willing to help out for free advertisment and postive feedback.

Update: Haven't quite yet got the bulb in the projector but I did make some progress with the box thumpper gave me. He'll be proud to see my choice in amp...lol

Crown CTs Series 1200

cts2u_stack.gif

I'll get more pics and updates in a bit.

Update: Haven't quite yet got the bulb in the projector but I did make some progress with the box thumpper gave me. He'll be proud to see my choice in amp...lol

Crown CTs Series 1200

cts2u_stack.gif

I'll get more pics and updates in a bit.

Very nice choice in pro power!!