Sign in to follow this  
cecaa850

Which sub combo

Having 3000 watts on tap, which can be made louder in a large ported box? 4 SSD18's or 2 of the more efficient BL/BTL's?

TIA, Carl.

the box is the X factor which we can't comment on since you will be building it. Either setup can surely be loud. Considering all three drivers have different uses, perhaps you should start off by defining what your goals are.

the box is the X factor which we can't comment on since you will be building it. Either setup can surely be loud. Considering all three drivers have different uses, perhaps you should start off by defining what your goals are.

I'll be building the box for my son (18 y.o.) and I have a tendancy to overbuild things at times. As long as I get some help with box size and port area, the box should be pretty stout. Goals: My son currently has 2 AA Arsenal 12's in a ported box with about 12 to 1400 watts. The system is in a safari van. SQ is low on his list of priorities, he just wants loud. When I asked him what we were trying to accomplish he told me he wanted to feel his shirt flap when he rolls down the window. I guess he's looking to do hair tricks, I dunno. I know he's had it metered at least once, but I don't think he's wanting to compete or anything like that. Hope that helps.

I woudl do (4) 18's. They will be impressive in a wall in the van. . .

I woudl do (4) 18's. They will be impressive in a wall in the van. . .

No doubt. I think we'll stick to a box, for ease of build and removal. Looks are not the primary concern, air movement is. I just wasn't sure which would move more. 2 18's with higher efficiency and more x-max or 4 18's with lower efficiency and less x-max.

hair tricks id say go with the 4 18 fi ssds.

i'd go with the ssd's personally

4 SSD's would be seeing about 750 watts apiece. Would I need any options or just go with the stock drivers?

From what I have read on here, displacement is most important for doing hair tricks. Four 18's would have a huge displacement advantage compared to two.

Edited by Philanthro

Sign in to follow this