Sign in to follow this  
Darkhunter139

New FI SSD is not powering

No clue why. I am getting a voltage reading that is about right coming out of my amp when I use the dmm on it so a bad ground cant be the problem right?

I am almost positive its wired right, 1 wire on the + on the right side 1 wire on the - of the left.

What could it be?

Diamond Audio D3 800.1

Can do 800 watts at 1 ohm. I had it wired up to a CVR at 4 ohm and it worked fine, I changed the power wire and ground point if that matters but the light still comes on.

Edited by darkhunter139

I am thinking about selling my sub, amp, box and my stupid ass head unit moving to lancaster and becoming amish.

Jk I dont give up and will get this to work but I am at a loss for what to do next right now

Could you explain your wiring of the sub ?

one wire on the + side and one on the - side... SSD come in Dual coil config that would mean one wire to coil 1 + and then another one to coil 2 + and the same with the negative side

like so

1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

Or Series for 4 ohms

1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

you mentioned one wire to the right and one wire to the left, since it sounds as if you are thinking of a series configuration, how about the wire from negative to positive of the 2 voile coils to complete the circuit..

*edit* seems me and theabunai are thinking the exact same thing at the exact same time lol

Edited by kandiman

Yup I wired it wrong I guess I did not wire it according to that diagram. I found another one that I guess was wrong. Going to try it now! Thanks a lot guys

I did not have the two + and -s connected

One more question actually. Is it ok to use smaller gauge wire to wire the + to the +? I am using 10 gauge now and dont think ill be able to fit two strands of 10 gauge in there

what is your sub configuration and what final ohm load are you trying to obtain?

what is your sub configuration and what final ohm load are you trying to obtain?

1 dual 2 15 inch SSD. Trying to obtain a 1 ohm final load

Yeah kandiman we both saw the same part in his posts LOL

I appreciate it guys. You probably saved me from doing a lot of unnecessary things

dual 2 configuration is simply wired parallel to achieve the 1 ohm load. positive out of the amp wired to positve on both coil terminals, negative from the amp wired to both negatives on the coil. if your amp does not have dual outputs on it being a monoblock or if you are bridging a 2 channel amp you will have to run both sets of wire off the same terminals out of your amplifier to the correct locations on the sub. there are other ways of wiring this as well like using bolts for the terminals and just hook the positives to the bolt being used as the positive and the negatives to the bolt being used as the nagatives and then hook the wires of your amp to the other side of the bolt on the outside of your box. there are a few different ways do configure your connections.

we're here to help. just make sure you keep the polarity straight and you will be alright.

Edited by kandiman

i hope you meant outputs not inputs lol

Lol yeah my bad im not that stupid.

So I can just add another set of terminals to my box then run wire from positive 1 and negitive 1 to one set of terminals

Then run another set to positive 2 and negitive 2 of the second set of terminals.

Then wire terminal one and two to my amp since it has 2 positive and two negitive outputs.

Right if you have a mono block with 2 outputs then you would go one set of outputs to one coil on the sub and the second set of output to the 2nd coil on the sub... be sure you wire + to + and - to - from the amp to the terminal cups to the subs coil...

for a second i was wondering whats going on. lol

Right if you have a mono block with 2 outputs then you would go one set of outputs to one coil on the sub and the second set of output to the 2nd coil on the sub... be sure you wire + to + and - to - from the amp to the terminal cups to the subs coil...

Thanks guys.

I am coming here from now on if I need help you guys all know your stuff :D

so everytihng is working good now i am guessing after a little revaluation of the wiring?

so everytihng is working good now i am guessing after a little revaluation of the wiring?

I had to order a second set of box terminals so I am going to have to wait a bit to try it out

Dark you really don't need to wait...

you can run from the terminal cup to coil 1 + then to coil 2 +

same for the negative side...

You do not need to use both terminals on the amp...

Dark you really don't need to wait...

you can run from the terminal cup to coil 1 + then to coil 2 +

same for the negative side...

You do not need to use both terminals on the amp...

Oh that will work? I have 10 gauge wire so that should be plenty big.

So just run two runs to each terminal?

It will be like this

one wire from amp + to terminal cup + then to the + on one coil.. then you take another piece of wire and twist it with the wire in the first coils terminal and then run the new wire you just twisted together to the 2nd coil + then done...

The same for negative...

It works!!!! Thank you so much.

Wow this thing is loud and sounds great too! I am only sending 600 watts to it right now too. I am going to jack up the gains later tonight after I break it in a bit (Is this even necessary?)