Sign in to follow this  
snb778

best way to draw cutout for 18" FI Q????

Hey guys,

Just got my Q delivered today... Trying to figure out how to draw the cut out for it... Kinda surprised one didnt come with it... I can't find a compass big enough to draw that big... Need some suggestions....

I don't trust the nail and pencil method

thx

Router jig...or a pencil and a string

Don't do cut out patterns, because most everybody that buys our woofers can figure out how to draw a circle 16.75" in diameter :)...and has had woofers before.

Welcome to the world of "DIY"..where you do it yourself. :)

I cut out a thin piece of cardboard that was a little longer than the radius of the cut. Then I secured the cardboard strip onto the baffle with a screw where I wanted the center of the cut-out to be. Then I measured the radius from where the nail secured the cardboard to the baffle and drilled a hole through the cardboard big enough for a pencil tip to fit through. Next I backed the screw out a little bit, just enough for the cardboard the rotate freely....put the pencil through the cardboard and drew a circle. Worked perfectly. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Or you can get a router jig at lowes for ~$30. Cuts huge holes, down to about 10 inches, and be very exact.

you sir... are the SHTI!!! i've been lookin for one of those for months!!..im goin tomorrow

I actually ended up using a screw, a piece of electrical wire (so it would hold the pencil still)... I wanna see a vid of someone doin it with a screw, and piece of string, and a pencil... I just don't see it happening.. Tried it.. HORRIBLY un-succesful

you gotta be kidding me right. lmfao.

Not quite sure I understand how that could be unsuccessful, but will add cardboard is much easier than string.

I did something similiar to the cardboard/nail and string thing for my 15" sub. Found the center. Drilled two wholes on a ruler that were the radius' length apart, then hammered in a nail though one whole on the ruler and traced the circle using the other whole.

Edited by ARSkemp

Not sure what is goin on here.. Trying to wire up this Dual 1 ohm, to 2 ohms

This is from the amp to the sub.

wiringpics001ue3.th.jpg

This is from the left side of the sub to the right side...

wiringpics002ox6.th.jpg

This is the DMM

wiringpics003ez9.th.jpg

got it... didnt know you had to go from the amp to different sides of the VC's

you sir... are the SHTI!!! i've been lookin for one of those for months!!..im goin tomorrow

thanks. . . . i guess. lol

before i got mine, i used to do the screw and string trick, but subbed a piece of coat hanger for the string. provides a little more control than a flimsy piece of string.

as far as the lowes router circle jig, tried it too. wasnt as precise as i wanted it to be, so i bought the jasper 2 pack from partsexpress and its 100x better.

Sign in to follow this