Sign in to follow this  
luckydogg72

box help

I need a box for meca event the 20th here is what i have to work with 18 tall 24 deep 49 wide please help i'm try to break the 50's sorry it's in a 98 tahoe

Edited by bamatahoe

Yea i've seen meades design but i'm not that great at designin boxes thanks tho lol i can only follow a blue print or design what ever you call it about as far as my box building goes lol

well from readin i think most people go wt 7cubes tuned to about 35hz

yea i got a box designed by toxic but i only got a 147.1 out of it an people that has seen it says i have to much port area about 165 sq inch port i was told 7 cubic ft with 80sq inches tuned to about 40 44 hz does that sound right

Edited by bamatahoe

12-16 square inches of area applies per cubic foot of volume.

so 7*12=84

and 7*16=112

so between 84 and 112....i would guess this coming from the manufacturers

and yea tuning would be higher its gonna depend on ur cabin tuning freq, so u gotta test to see what tuning would work best for u

I peaked at 46hz in the box i have now don't know if it would be diff with another box i don't know anything about that oh an thanks man for the help

Edited by bamatahoe

If some one has any box designs please help i have messed around with the re audio box calculator but can't seem to get it right please help anyone thanks

Sign in to follow this