Sign in to follow this  
headknocker

Possible plan B...Chaos 12 instead of Havoc 12

Has anyone actually heard a Chaos? I had my heart set on a Havoc 12 but I'm afraid it may now be a little too rich for my blood after seeing the dealer MSRP.

If anyone has actually seen a Chaos in action would you consider it a worthy upgrade to the 1st gen Arsenals? My plan is to get a refurbished Sundown SAE 1000D to power either the Chaos 12 or the Havoc 12.

I won't be doing anything for several months but I just want some reliable info before I dive into it.

Thanks.

Edited by headknocker

Maybe. Depends on you and your goals and most importantly the install. Currently all you have asked about is equipment :(

Maybe. Depends on you and your goals and most importantly the install. Currently all you have asked about is equipment :(

Well, whatever sub I choose will be going into the same enclosure as I've been using for for several years with my 1st gen Arsenal 12....a sealed 1.2 cube MDF/fiberglass spare tire well enclosure in a '98 CRV. I'm very much a LSQ guy. Is the Chaos line more SPL oriented? I love the 1st gen Arsenal but there are times when I wish it hit a little bit harder. There have been times when I've had to lower the HU volume a little bit so it wouldn't bottom out.

I'll soon be installing AA's 7" poly mids in the front doors since I'm looking for more midbass upfront.

Edited by headknocker

Dealer's won't charge close to msrp..or shouldn't at least.

Where are you located?

The Chaos is a good all-around performer...just like all of their lines. I think the Havoc is well worth the extra money.

The good thing about the Chaos is that they are optimized for small ported boxes...a little smaller than the Havocs. Bad thing is you really don't have an option going sealed with the Chaos. It sounds like poo-poo to me.

The Chaos is a good all-around performer...just like all of their lines. I think the Havoc is well worth the extra money.

The good thing about the Chaos is that they are optimized for small ported boxes...a little smaller than the Havocs. Bad thing is you really don't have an option going sealed with the Chaos. It sounds like poo-poo to me.

Thanks for the valuable info. I have a stealth setup and my sealed spare tire well enclosure is only 1.2 cubes. It sounds like the Chaos won't fit my needs afterall. My first choice has always been a Havoc 12 so that's probably end up with in several months. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this