conradl

Sell fi audio Q, for New Mag?

hey everyone,

I have an Fi Q12, in a 2.2 cuft ported box with a memphis prd 1000.1, but i really want more truck space. So i was going to just get a 1.2 cuft box for my Q12. But the new mag seems very interesting.

Will the new mag preform better with a memphis prd 1000.1 and 1.1 sealed box then the Fi Q12?

Sell my box and fi Q12 to my friend who is in love with my set up and get a 1.1 cuft box and get the new MAG?

or.

Keep the Q12 and get a 1.2 cuft box

thanks

So you would be only at an advantage of .1 cube if you did that. Put the Q in the sealed box before you sell it.

I have to say get the new Mag, but I am biased, so GET THE NEW MAG! :D

well maybe this post is a little pre mature, cause demin your right i should test my Q out in a smaller sealed box before i sell it, also the mag isn't even out yet. So i will revive this thread a little later,

but if you want keep the answers coming ;)

Edited by Jorge

The Mag will be VERY soon, maybe even before you get your new enclosure built.

The Mag will be VERY soon, maybe even before you get your new enclosure built.

awesome i've heard great things about this sub... Im excited to hear more reviews!

Will the new mag out preform the Q overall, using the same setup (Memphis 1000.1 amp, 1.1 sealed box etc...)

Also a little off topic, should i get a custom built sealed, or should i just get one off ebay? I found one that is big enough and fits my sub well on ebay for about 55 shipped i asked this on a different forum but got mixed answers.

thanks for all the help!

Edited by Jorge

I can attest to the mags release is coming sooner then people think...

I am playing with the idea myself... a new mag or a Q for my wifes Acura TL... she's in to sound quality but likes a little movement every once in a while...

I can attest to the mags release is coming sooner then people think...

I am playing with the idea myself... a new mag or a Q for my wifes Acura TL... she's in to sound quality but likes a little movement every once in a while...

That exactly what i am worrying about, i know the Q can knock if needed, but will the new mag be able to make some noise if needed?

This is a good thread btw !!

Edited by Jorge

I have no experience with the Q so I cannot relate its performance to anything else. I can tell you that the Mag D2V4 (that's what they're called now), is one of the best drivers I've ever had my hands on and it was only a proto.

You can read my thoughts here:

http://stereointegrity.com/forums/si-produ...new-driver.html

So you would be only at an advantage of .1 cube if you did that. Put the Q in the sealed box before you sell it.

X2 I would exhaust all options before spending more money.

But then again the new mag does look nice. :drink40:

X2 I would exhaust all options before spending more money.

But then again the new mag does look nice. :drink40:

Well it wouldn't cost me any money, i would sell my Q and box for the same price as a new mag and new box :neil:

I'd try out the new mag. But that may just be me.

I am really excited to hear about the mag D2V4 (new mag) i wonder if its really gonna be able to run with the FI Q? This new little guy is gonna be very interesting and i might just make a swap for it a little ways down the road

Edited by Jorge

Jorge that is about the sweet spot for the new magv4

trust me ive seen all the specs on them and even seen the pics...

And without nick beating me up I can tell you that it will be VERY VERY VERY affordable.. trust me you'll probably shit your pants when you see the price...

But alas i'm one of only a few in the know about all this.... It's not cause i'm special either... I have to know about all this info...

I better stop.... ;)

Jorge that is about the sweet spot for the new magv4

trust me ive seen all the specs on them and even seen the pics...

And without nick beating me up I can tell you that it will be VERY VERY VERY affordable.. trust me you'll probably chit your pants when you see the price...

But alas i'm one of only a few in the know about all this.... It's not cause i'm special either... I have to know about all this info...

I better stop.... ;)

I think it's ok to quote the price since he listed it in a thread on the SI forum. Didn't he say (or at least estimate) that it would be 250 shipped?

I remember reading that it was $250 as well and I want to say $150 for the BM

FWIW, I've heard both in the same setup, preferred the Mag...

Should be VERY soon here.

Should be VERY soon here.

ok, what is very soon? like next week? just curious/ I really really want this sub. can't blame me for wanting a sick sub ;)

thanks

and sorry for being impatient lol

I can't give you a definite date. Sorry.

I can't give you a definite date. Sorry.

ohh ok thanks!! but as long as its soon, i think im gonna sell my fi Q and get one of these

are there any current plans for a v4 mag larger that 12"? otherwise, my attention is only slightly peaked. maybe the old lady will get one.