puma1077

Best LSQ sub for around 200

looking at 300-500 watts RMS, would not like to spend much more than 200

right now im thinking

ID12v3D4

Diamond Audio D312

I like the FISSD and FIQs, but they have RMS ratings of like 800-1000, and I don't want to drop a bunch of money on a huge amp

im much more concerned with sound quality but would like it to get semi-loud at times

I'm almost set on the ID12 but wanted to just get some final opinions

Edited by puma1077

what amp do you have now?

I don't have anything right now, but I really like the Diamond Audio D3 600.1, I can get it for only 220 shipped brand new and it puts out 400watts RMS at 2 ohms

I guess if I got the FIQ/FISSD I could get the Dual 2 ohm and send it 600 watts RMS at 1 ohm

just posting i have a AA atlas 15 for sale, its a prety good sub known for its SQ. its svc4 though, asking $150 shipped. Also have you looked into SI mag? another good sub but im not sure of the price.

What do you mean by LSQ? I know the definition, but that doesn't mean that is what you are looking for.

What do you mean by LSQ? I know the definition, but that doesn't mean that is what you are looking for.

I don't know why, but this forum automatically changes S-Q-L when typed together, to LSQ haha

but ya, just a solid SQ sub that can get loud on occasion if I want it to, but honestly I wouldnt even push it that much so i guess i just want a nice SQ sub that can still give me some solid low end on hip hop cuts

Edited by puma1077

By asking for a pure SQ sub, you are asking for something that isn't louder than your midbasses so to answer we need to know what you are running up front. You should also perhaps rethink the getting loud on occasion as it will require you to compromise on the SQ portion which maybe is what you are asking for.

SQL is a stupid term which is why the forum changes it to LSQ. If your primary goal is loud SQ (ie with a tremendous front stage) LSQ makes sense.

By asking for a pure SQ sub, you are asking for something that isn't louder than your midbasses so to answer we need to know what you are running up front. You should also perhaps rethink the getting loud on occasion as it will require you to compromise on the SQ portion which maybe is what you are asking for.

LSQ is a stupid term which is why the forum changes it to LSQ. If your primary goal is loud SQ (ie with a tremendous front stage) LSQ makes sense.

ah i see

for mids/highs I am running a 300/4 amp, all around I have MB Quart components (higher quality ones up front), all channels receiving 50watts RMS

I think what you described is pretty much what I am going for, I never really plan to have a time where I plan to just turn up my subs and completly overpower my front stage, but I'd like solid punch in my bass

I think the pure SQ is what I want, If I ever need extra bass on a song I can always just turn up the EQ, so ya

thanks for explaining it :)

Edited by puma1077

If you have to be below $200,

Mach5 IXL

Dayton HF or HO

FI SSD

all very good drivers for the money, and would suit your needs great. :)

In that list I really like the Mach5