Sign in to follow this  
rollinonjdubs

Ideal Box

Whatsup everybody... I've recently decided to upgrade from my 12" mag to a 15 :D Now i'm tryin to figure out the ideal box size, etc for my setup. Its goin into an '02 Eclipse Hatch powered by a Hifonics BX1500d. I'm lookin to do ported, but space is a tad limited. I'm thinkin i wanna go with a lil more spl than sq, but still a decent mix. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

Whatsup everybody... I've recently decided to upgrade from my 12" mag to a 15  :D   Now i'm tryin to figure out the ideal box size, etc for my setup. Its goin into an '02 Eclipse Hatch powered by a Hifonics BX1500d. I'm lookin to do ported, but space is a tad limited. I'm thinkin i wanna go with a lil more spl than sq,  but still a decent mix. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

4 cubes NET..tuned to ~30hz

Just that one 15 in a hatch off that power will rock you even sealed. Vented is insane, but Clarke's right on with the suggestion.

Z3.jpg

2.3 cubes sealed and 1.2KW= OUCH!!! At least for me.

Z3.jpg

2.3 cubes sealed and 1.2KW= OUCH!!!  At least for me.

Ryan...is your buddy really liking that setup?

I can't remember if you told me or not...I knew you liked it....but is he happy?

Always nice to see my customers smile :)

He LOVES it! HE wants to add another, even though he complains how much his ears hurt. I really find it unbearable in the car with any decent amount of volume. I'm also amazed that this thing actually goes low as hell in this tiny enclosure. I was sure it would have some problems on the lower octave, but not so. Everyone who has listened to this car around here is always asking me about SI. It's growing.

He LOVES it!  HE wants to add another, even though he complains how much his ears hurt.  I really find it unbearable in the car with any decent amount of volume.  I'm also amazed that this thing actually goes low as hell in this tiny enclosure.  I was sure it would have some problems on the lower octave, but not so.  Everyone who has listened to this car around here is always asking me about SI.  It's growing.

And you ask me WHY I want you to be a rep....

You obviously haven't been receiving poontang lately....you need a dosage....

A fat dosage too :)

ahh.. finally got er goin. i'm shocked i managed to squeeze 4 cubes in the back of my eclipse, but we managed to do so with about a quarter of an inch to spare. the setup sounds incredible. thanks for the suggestions.

-J

HOLY CRAP!!! Bet that was fun. Guess you don't go grocery shopping eh?! Looks good! How's it sound? LOUD!

wow that's really not any breathing room. any way you could scooch her back a bit?

Looks pretty good though.