Slammed

MLI-65 Mids

Im curious to know if my MLI-65 mids will play well from 3khz and down (with a 18db slope)

Im going to pair them up with Vifa D26NC05 Tweeters

thanks

Edited by Slammed

Install dependent. On or off axis?

thanks for your reply

mids on the doors...tweeters pointing towards the driver and passenger on the dash (with mounts)

Edited by Slammed

If they were in the kicks, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem playing flat to 3k, but in the doors, not so sure.

Again, I really can't say because I'm not listening to them. Every install is different.

In my brother's truck, they started to noticeably taper off around 2-2.5k.

Im pretty sure it wont work out....I tried something like this before (7" Dayton RS with this tweeter)

it didnt sound right

I thought the Mach5 mids would play up to 4khz without issues

Im going to pair these up with Seas tweeters

:)

What model ?

I haven't had too much playtime with the MLI's (mine are also flat on the door) but to my ears they sound ok paired with the H1396 from Seas.

Adrian and I are running the SEAS neo Textiles with them active. For the money, I think it is very good set up that needs very little power. My cross over point is at 2k and they seem happy. I am considering trying to move up to three way and slide a 2" Tang Band mid to take some of the upper range work off the MLI's and some of the lower range work off the SEAS. I have the amp to do it, just not sure I want to go that far yet.

I am thinking about going with Seas Aluminums

One more question: How big is the magnet diameter on these mids?

Adrian and I are running the SEAS neo Textiles with them active. For the money, I think it is very good set up that needs very little power. My cross over point is at 2k and they seem happy. I am considering trying to move up to three way and slide a 2" Tang Band mid to take some of the upper range work off the MLI's and some of the lower range work off the SEAS. I have the amp to do it, just not sure I want to go that far yet.

I played a little with them today...

MLI's crossed at 3.2k with a 2nd order slope. Tweeters crossed at 4k with a 2nd order slope. I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Played only with the tweeters and I didn't like how they sounded crossed at 2.5k.

Highpass on the MLI's is at 40hz :neil:

Not sure about the magnet diameter, but watch the basket. It's pretty big :)

the basket has a bigger diameter than the magnet really, the basket goes right up to the mounting point its weird but if you look at the speaker at a side angle, youd know.

Yesterday, I moved the crossover point up higher for the low-pass on the MLI's and visa versa on the SEAS. Slowly dialing it in I guess.

I run mine wide open on top and have the Neo3s crossed at 2100 with a 3rd order slope.

From what I've heard, they perform better as a dedicated midbass, or at least paired with a tweeter that extends lower. And that basket looks like a definite candidate for clay addition :)

that basket looks like a definite candidate for clay addition :)

You would be correct.

gallery_156_19_33914.jpg

that basket looks like a definite candidate for clay addition :)

You would be correct.

gallery_156_19_33914.jpg

Whats the point of that?