Sign in to follow this  
dsgfierce1

time for some new boxes

so i think i wanna make some new boxes for my 18" BTL's they sound great in the boxes there in right now but i think i can gain a little more output with some new better made boxes. right now there in a 2000 dodge caravan. the boxes are 8.756 cubes tuned around 32-33hz sub up port up. i have been told by a friend that also runs 2 15" btls in a caravan that sub up port up does not really gain the maximum potential out of the cabin. so i was thinking about making the new boxes sub up port back. what do you guys think about differant setups like sub up port back sub up port side sub back port up which one do yall think would be the best? and can any one explain what port off axis means? not quite sure he said something like that but i was never able to get back intouch with him to get him to describe what exactly that ment he said for a caravan that would be the best setup.

port off axis means the port and sub are on two different faces of the box. e.g.- sub up, port back.

port off axis means the port and sub are on two different faces of the box. e.g.- sub up, port back.

thanks for clearing that up :)

i've also heard that sub up, port back supposed to work great..

i currently have my boxes setup with sub and port front.. and i'll be trying the sub up, port back setup in a little while... in my opinion, as with any setup, testing and abit of trial and error would be the key..