Sign in to follow this  
Dave Brooks

Brooksies L8's in the doors

Wait a minute... aren't all boobies good boobies??? :wacky:

OH LAWD no. They may have been at one time. But once they start resembling graffittied shriveled up citrus fruit .............. yeah that's where I draw the line. :(

no code cracking here. dave edwards and i are easy going so if we don't find you first, come on over to team ssa and say hello. i look like ice cube and dave looks like tony soprano. we promise not to shoot you(unless you beat me) lol

Webstar = Cleveland "OOOhhhhhhhhhhh Peter" ........yeah that cleveland lol

:404::finger:

So the white part is solid fiberglass, Brooksie?

How much weight would you say you added to each door?

Thanks for sharing your very inspiring build. Good luck kicking ass for Team Hybrid, dude! :woot:

When the dust clears, let's see some pics guys! And good luck to you all.

come on down sick. we are going to have some fun :)

Where's it being held?

Sick6 - its in spartanburg south carolina... http://www.elitesummernationals.com/

FoxPro - It's a bit hard to accurately determine how much I've added in terms of weight, but if I had to guess I'd say roughly 40 pounds with the door panel, damping, speakers and fiberglass.

The white part you see is actually sanded gray primer. I cut the bottom 2/3 of the door panel off, leaving only the outside edge as a guide. Built it back up with layers of MDF. Screwed the MDF into the existing panel, then fiberglassed it as well to make sure it was super tightly adhered. Lots of kitty hair and then topped it all off with rage extreme.

The door panel alone last year was close to 50 pounds. This year I put it on a diet by reaming out four more speaker holes and then slimming it down in the thickness department.

Looking forward to seeing your truck in person for the first time mr. Brooks :)

I hope it meets your expectations!

I hope it meets your expectations!

Bah , I come with no expectations. Mearly to admire. I'm new to the SQ scene. Helping Dave with his car was the most involvement I have had with an sq competition setup. I have built bits and pieces of cars over the years. But Dave's is the first I have helped with from the ground up. I like to see what others have done to accomplish the same goal. :)

Without Ramos I don't know what I would have done.......as for Mr. Brooks's install, I can't wait to meet the man, the myth, the ledgend, and hear how the truck sounds!!!

Hey guys, I'll be at Elite as well. Like Brooksie, I have been told I seem unapproachable. A sexy bitch, yes, unapproachable, no. PLEASE come by and introduce yourself. If I give you a blank stare at first, follow-up the introduction with your username. That usually helps. I want to listen to cars too. By Saturday, I'll be done turning knobs on the TH cars that are there, and will want to listen to some good music.

Brooksie...damn man, there's a lot of build-up with your rig. Looks like I better get some new batteries for my hearing aids for Friday afternoon. BTW guys, Brooksie will be competing sound only. His doors will still be in primer. I have, however, gotten him to commit to blasting "Brickhouse" and other funk favorites at 122 dB full range when judging has concluded.

Scott

I wish I could play anything at 122dB....I just hope all my hawtness doesn't shy people away, I wanna hear cars....alot of cars and meet alot of new people.

No updated pics, but the rig is playing now. Needs some serious tuning, but holy smokes it already exceeds my wildest expectations.

I'm excited!!

Oh and don't let Scotts sexy-bitch aura scare you off. He's a big cuddly bear inside... :wacko: LOL

Definitely gonna be a fun time.

On a side note, I went to someones house yesterday to fix their computer and their son wanted to audition the truck. So I hand him the keys and tell him not to fear the volume knob. I go in the house to work on the computer and 15 minutes later I've got a cop in the driveway giving him a warning...

That's a first for me... LOL

That was with the subs turned off.

I like the new system immensely. Mind you, I'm not advocating blasting in the 'hood... in fact, I hate that crap... I'm just pleasantly surprised at the results thus far.

Hey Kickin' you know I'm down with an audition with you anytime... you and that freaky weird music you like to play :drink40:

Kick...you gonna be there too....maybe you can demo the Camry also.

No.. to far :(

You guys come on down to SBN 09 though!