Sign in to follow this  
Dave Brooks

Brooksies L8's in the doors

Brooksie....you sexy man beast you....both you and the truck RAWK(did I spell it right for ya?) I hope you had a good time and I feel previleged to have had the Camry parked next your ride...good company.."But for now BUGGER OFF"...lol

Doods, I couldn't be happier. Parking with you guys was totally worth it. I posted some love on your Elite thread.

Hey James, I can't remember how you placed... second? And ummmm... why didn't I listen to your rig? That was right stupid of me. I listened to Daves (nice!)... but not yours. Dumb.

On the other hand though. Doods. I was friggin' wore out by the end of the day. I think the truck is gonna be a hit. That's the most attention I've gotten at any show ever. Dwayne told me the catch-phrase of the day was "Holy Sh**" from almost every person that looked at it. That was also the most demos I've ever given as well.

I'd be an idiot not to give mad props to Hybrid Audio, Genesis and T3 Audio for their support. Without their faith in me, I wouldn't have near as much kit to show off and certainly wouldn't have the same quality either. Huge thanks!! You guys are instrumental in my success and I'm grateful beyond measure.

Dood, Brooksie...you've extended your comprehensive coverage to include the passenger's side windows, right? :blink::lol:

Crap, I just realized I didn't post my results in the 2008 season debut at Elite Summer Nationals... whoops...

Here ya go:

IASCA:

1'st place in SQC

1'st place in MACS

MECA:

3'rd place in MODEX+

Top 30:

12'th

I'm totally pumped about the debut results. That 3'rd place came right behind Dave Timmerman and Matt Roberts, both are friggin' icons in that class. I couldn't have hoped for better placement against that caliber of competition for my first show as a Pro.

I'm bigtime pumped with this install. A little showy, but it sounds awesome too. As soon as I get back from New York, let the refinements begin!!! :drink40:

Crap, I just realized I didn't post my results in the 2008 season debut at Elite Summer Nationals... whoops...

Here ya go:

IASCA:

1'st place in SQC

1'st place in MACS

MECA:

3'rd place in MODEX+

Top 30:

12'th

I'm totally pumped about the debut results. That 3'rd place came right behind Dave Timmerman and Matt Roberts, both are friggin' icons in that class. I couldn't have hoped for better placement against that caliber of competition for my first show as a Pro.

I'm bigtime pumped with this install. A little showy, but it sounds awesome too. As soon as I get back from New York, let the refinements begin!!! :drink40:

I'll say it again...the best sounding system i have ever heard. if any of you guys get a chance to hear this truck, jump on it :)

by the way dave, i played the rick james track in my car and your system made me feel like a bitch lol awesome truck!!

As soon as I get back from New York, let the refinements begin!!! :drink40:

Oh chit.... :D

Congrats on your comp results and best of luck with the rest of the season.

Thanks FoxPro!

James - you know I like the funk... in fact, the majority of the system was built with funk playback in mind. Midbass madness!

Heh, did you hear it when I got judged for MACS? Gap Band - You dropped a bomb on me. Yessir.

And thank you for the huge compliments :-)

quick update...

Did a local show in north Georgia saturday. I think I was the only pro SQ guy there so...

1'st in SQC

1'st in Pro SQi

1'st in MACS

Best of show Sound Quality

The truck is still sounding good. The 10IB4's in the kicks are breaking in... not in a good way though. They aren't as tight as they were when I first put them in, so they aren't blending with the super fast attack and decay of the L4's anymore.

I think it's time to drop a set of L8's in the kicks and scrap the 10IB4's... the L8's mate up nicely with the L4... really fast and accurate compared to the the 10IB4's.

congrats with the truck brooksie. will you have the new setup next week, or is the change going to be done later in the season?

It'll be done later in the season. Priority #1 for now is to put the finishing touches on the install as it stands and complete the presentation book.

Can you send me a recording of your truck? I need to hear it to believe it.

LOL... only if you play it on an 8-track with one of those transistor radio earbuds... you know, to get the full effect! :drink40:

LOL... only if you play it on an 8-track with one of those transistor radio earbuds... you know, to get the full effect! :drink40:

I don't care what everyone else says, you're ok by me. ;)

Ok James... I coudn't stand it anymore... 10IB4's are out now... I'm building new baffles for the L8's... They'll be in this evening.

The 10IB4s will be in their new home tomorrow night (hopefully, it all depends on how much fabrication it takes).

Here you go Bro.

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

Much better now. Way more natural sounding :drink40:

I love L8's! Heck, now I'm up to... 12? LOL

So do they vent down the sill and up the pillar? It appears you done choked them, Brooksie. Do tell.

Also, you need to fix your sig man. Shouldn't it be.... 88888888888841-14 ?? :lol:

Edited by FoxPro5

So do they vent down the sill and up the pillar? It appears you done choked them, Brooksie. Do tell.

It was late... dark... raining... I may have like, accidentally slipped and fell with a 6-inch hole saw back there somewhere... :wacko: But I'm not tellin'!!

Also, you need to fix your sig man. Shouldn't it be.... 88888888888841-14 ?? :lol:

Sweet! LOL

Hmmm... you know though, I still might be able to find room in them back doors somehow... :drink40:

It was late... dark... raining... I may have like, accidentally slipped and fell with a 6-inch hole saw back there somewhere... :wacko: But I'm not tellin'!!

Got ya. I figured they had to breathe somehow.

You could always do a trailer install and pull that around, too. What do you say, ******88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888841-94? HA!

LOL... yeah, and go bankrupt in the process... and have the wife divorce me... not good!

Tell you what, having them in that location really accentuated the bass response versus the door location I used last year. Profound difference.

Have you listened to them with no high-pass yet? Granted, with no high-pass you can't put the wood to them with contemporary pop or rap like you would a dedicated sub, but at moderate volume... amazing. I was playing with the tune today at lunch and turned off all the subs, door speakers... everything but the front stage with the L8's going all the way to the bottom. Put in some nice SQ music... fell asleep right in the middle of tuning, darn near killed the batteries, got back late from lunch, got the evil look from the boss...

It was soooo worth it though :-)

It was nice meeting ya Brooksie, the truck was very nice :)

Enjoyed the funk, too :P

LOL... Bro, I was having some serious flashbacks there. Mad props to Webster for the sweet funk mix!

I was telling Edwards today that I wish I had more time to demo the rig for everyone... but... I didn't get much of a break the whole day. It seemed like I was either pulling into the lane, or prepping the rig to pull into the lane... Made the day go by fast, that's for sure! I just hated it for you guys that didn't get the royal treatment I normally try to give...

Heh, my ears were so friggin' shot by the end of the day that nothing sounded right so I didn't listen to any music the entire way home... eight and a half hours of nice, soothing... road noise. LOL

x2

I'm glad I got to meet you also Brooksie. Thanks for letting me spend time in the truck jamming out. I listened to quite a few different genres and the truck didn't hesitate to play any of it. Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Glad you made it home safely as well.

right on Bro... did you play with some of the console switches? I meant to tell you it was ok, in fact I was hoping you'd take test listens in different configurations, just so you could see the SQ differences between pure SQ, "street SQ" and full-tilt funk.

If not, remind me to show you how they work next time we meet up and we'll get after it good! You too Jim... I owe both of you a proper demo :drink40:

Have you listened to them with no high-pass yet?

Yep, and I agree they really fill-out. I really like them at 50hz with a 24dB/oct slope in my car which gives them that fast attack and impact. Same slope on the sub, but then gap it down to 40 hz.

Going to put north of 400w on them again. Whatcha think about that, sir? :D

Edited by FoxPro5