Sign in to follow this  
loudferio13

15" ported btl box

hi there i need some help with a box design. i plan on sealling off the trunk in my civic. i have a fully loaded btl. the box in it pounds now on highs. its a dual ported box not sure if its effecting more or less out put of the sub or not just wondering if a single ported box will be different its tuned at 35hz. i have a little over 5 cubes. i am looking for a single ported design with both the sub and the port firing forward. i plan on also doing competitions with this setup. i just got a new alternator coming and 1/0 guage wire. i am going to get a kinetics 16 volt battery or two depending on if i need it. but what box design would you recommend for spl and bass race.like i said i have room for 5cubes or a little more 34" wide.does anyone have a build log of how to seal a trunk the right way. and also bench results on a soundstorm ssl4000.1 amp i think my sub can handle more so i might be getting a new amp as well.

Edited by loudferio13

Not gonna lie I tried to read this 3 times and still don't understand why you put half the stuff you did.

Edited by chad

well my brother did the same with his 15'' (dd 9515) in his neon and it definatly isnt easy. he used card board templets for tracers and to see how everything fit then cut it out in the MDF. definatly alot of messuring and sanding. he hit a 143.6in a trunk of a neon with that sub and a bxi2006d with volts at 13.9 the whole 30 seconds if not higher. its pretty much the way you explained it with sub foward, port foward sealed off.

i think he has pics over at CA.com. the build logs under Jeremy M

Edited by Joseph M

well my brother did the same with his 15'' (dd 9515) in his neon and it definatly isnt easy. he used card board templets for tracers and to see how everything fit then cut it out in the MDF. definatly alot of messuring and sanding. he hit a 143.6in a trunk of a neon with that sub and a bxi2006d with volts at 13.9 the whole 30 seconds if not higher. its pretty much the way you explained it with sub foward, port foward sealed off.

what is ca.com

I know Soundstorm is NOT a good company to ever trust when it comes to good output\quality so scratch that off your list right now.

Anyway, you will need an interchangeable port design for spl\daily.

Also, i would do some research on kinetik 16v battery as they are being sued because of their false claims AND for a 14v alternator, charging that batt on the 12v terminal will NEVER charge the other cell in that batt so you will have a faulty 16v battery sometime down the road anyway.

what is ca.com

www.caraudio.com

I know Soundstorm is NOT a good company to ever trust when it comes to good output\quality so scratch that off your list right now.

Anyway, you will need an interchangeable port design for spl\daily.

Also, i would do some research on kinetik 16v battery as they are being sued because of their false claims AND for a 14v alternator, charging that batt on the 12v terminal will NEVER charge the other cell in that batt so you will have a faulty 16v battery sometime down the road anyway.

does anyone on the web design anything as of what you are talking about the interchangable ports. yeah i will do some research on the battery's though do you know any good battery's for my setup that would be good for this build. i am putting another btl in there as well but thats down the road.

Theres a couple of good batteries out there but the question is, is there any bugget?

Most of us here use Powermaster XS Power.

Can't go wrong...

Their main forum is RIGHT HERE on SSA. They have virtually any size batt you would need.

go to www.powermastermotorsports.com and go to mobile audio then XS POWER.

Look for some batts.

Their batts range from around $100 - $300 per batt depending on capacity.

Interchangeable ports-

What this is is where you can swap out a port for another port tuning for example - spl\daily.

To do this-

Simply cut out a basic size hole in the box where the port will go.

Make 2 different sized ports that will fit in this hole.

You want to make sure the port is sealed whenever you put one on there so you might wanna get some rubber gaskets to put around both ports so when you secure them on , the gaskets should prevent air leaks.

You could also double baffle the box and install a thing of speaker foam tape inside the first baffle so it is also leak free when exchanging ports.

For a quick removal-

Run bolts backwards on the baffle so the thread is sticking out and ThreadLock all the bolts in. That or use Hurricane nuts on the inside of the box then just screw straight in through the Hurricane nuts.

If you threadlock, all you gotta do is use washers and nuts on the outside.

Hurricane nuts would require to remove the entire bolt and washer.

There's some examples of how to do it.

Sign in to follow this