944guy

Best amp for around $100

One of my friends wants a sub but cant spend more then $200 bucks. He has an after market head unit so no need for a converter. So I was thinking its about $40 for the wiring kit I have an old image dynamics 12 in a huge ported box just laying around I can sell him so he just needs an amp he has around $100 left to spend on one so any ideas on the best $100 amp let me know.

could probably find some used 2 channel crossfire amps on ebay for that. Or is the sub a 4 ohm DVC?

I've sold nice used ~1kw class d for that, like kenwood 9102/3 and lightning audio strike 1kw. I never hammered them but they worked well if you are looking for cheap without going no-name. Some of the strikes don't like vibration but they had good components in them.

do you have any pics of anything besides lighting audio I really dont like lighting audio.

One of my friends wants a sub but cant spend more then $200 bucks. He has an after market head unit so no need for a converter. So I was thinking its about $40 for the wiring kit I have an old image dynamics 12 in a huge ported box just laying around I can sell him so he just needs an amp he has around $100 left to spend on one so any ideas on the best $100 amp let me know.

You can always find great deals on your local craigslist.

But, does he really understand that $100.00 is not going to buy he loads of "real" RMS?

If not, you should make very sure that he does.

Yeah he knows he im building him a death box right now for a single 10 so he should be fine with not alot of power.

I would just shop on epay, you can look at sold items to check prices...then yes check out craigslist too. Actually the Kenwood I had was a 9152 and is 950rms@2ohm, they are same amp but 9102 has one less transistor and 850rms. Of course there are a pile of amp brands out there, I just used one of the above and had no problem with it. I'm sure there are other brands you can get, this just a suggestion I have seen in the $100 range. They are only 175 to your door new on there (a new 9104D), people trying to get much over 100 used are not selling them. Are they real watts? Never checked it, went loud enough for the setup I had at the time but they must be more real than a lot of no-name amps. He can get better when he has more cash. Also got one for a friend of mine that is still working well.

I still have two of the strike I might use, they are 1kw@1ohm and can be strapped. The walmart LA amps were cheap, the strike was a dealer sold amp and is much different/better inside.

best amp I found for that kind of money is the RF t3002. I got mine for 90 shipped (used), puts out over 800 watts bridged into a 2 ohms load. VERRRRRY Underrated.

Edited by sonic

^ I second the RF Power T3002. They can be had for around $150 new or ~$100 used.

amp_watts_power.png

Actual birthsheet -

img6588am2.jpg

I vote the Cadence close out SQA-1 or RF3002. Both do the same power.