Sign in to follow this  
goldmax99

12" enclosure for a FI SSD copper coils

I'm stuck between these anyone have any experience with any of these or can give me some advise:

1. Specs say volume is 1.21 but really it's 1.13

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_951_Si...e+-12SQTC-.html

2. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7596_S...-+1H12-1.4.html

3. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8387_S...AY+CARPET-.html

Price wise they are all the same, so I just want the best sealed enclosure for good SQ bass.

Edited by goldmax99

build one yourself, a lot easier and cheaper, and faster.

build one yourself, a lot easier and cheaper, and faster.

Ha I don't know about faster or easier. Especially because he probably has never built a box before.

But for a more controlled setup and the pride of doing it yourself, you should build it yourself.

please guys...I know this is a DIY type of place, but I don't have the time or the tools to build it. I just installed my whole system myself and that took a lot of time away from my family that I would rather spend with them. Thanks for the confidence though! :P

Any of those will work.. Pick the one that best fits where you want it to go.

I would add about 1 lb of polyfill to which ever one you choose.

To be stylish, you can pick the one that matches your interior. But they will all work. Just look at the measurements and be sure it will fit the way you want.

I would add about 1 lb of polyfill to which ever one you choose.

x2

please guys...I know this is a DIY type of place, but I don't have the time or the tools to build it. I just installed my whole system myself and that took a lot of time away from my family that I would rather spend with them. Thanks for the confidence though! :P

not to come off offensive, but get them to help and voila problem solved, building a sealed box is rather easy

Check Fisher Customs and Pound That Sound right here on the forums. :)

Thanks all for your help. Should I go for the higher internal net volume. #1 is 1.13. #2 is 1.447 and #3 is 1.65. All fit in my car and match my trunk (#1 comes in Gray too!). I care more about it sounding good though than looking good.

Edited by goldmax99

As I said on the other forum, I personally prefer the larger end of the range. You could always go smaller, and if you want to tweak the sound get some polyfill. :)

As I said on the other forum, I personally prefer the larger end of the range. You could always go smaller, and if you want to tweak the sound get some polyfill. :)

Would a better solution be go big and if I don't like the sound place some wood inside the box to take up volume. The max recommended volume for this sub is 1.6 after displacement. My largest box above is 1.51 so just about at the max. Also, if I'm running 700RMS watts is that enough power for such a big box?

Edited by goldmax99

Would a better solution be go big and if I don't like the sound place some wood inside the box to take up volume. The max recommended volume for this sub is 1.6 after displacement. My largest box above is 1.51 so just about at the max. Also, if I'm running 700RMS watts is that enough power for such a big box?

Yes, many people call the added internal wood a "slug". As a rule of thumb, larger boxes are more efficient and you can get a little more out of the power you have. But there is a point of diminishing returns when there is too much impedance rise, but you don't really have to worry about that with a single sealed box.

denim, thanks for all your advise. I pulled the trigger on the big one.

No problem. But take some pictures of your install if you can. And try out different slugs or polyfill amounts.

How should I attach it to a '95 Maxima trunk? I've read screwing it with "L" brackets, velcro and even bungy cords. The "L" brackets sound like a great idea but the I don't have a good trunk floor to attach it to. My trunk floor is a loose particle board that's only about 1/8" thick and warped. Below it is the metal trunk and the spare tire. The velcro probably won't work either since my gray floor covering is not actually attached to the particle board but loose on top of the particle board. That leaves the bungy cord. What do you all think?

Also I'll be happy to post pics of my install...what do you want to see the sub once it arrives or what I currently have installed? Or both?

Edited by goldmax99

Sign in to follow this