JIF

Brahmas??

this just seems odd that a company that is out of business is letting a repair shop sell their stuff as built to order under their name. hmmm i'll have to keep my eye on this one.

this just seems odd that a company that is out of business is letting a repair shop sell their stuff as built to order under their name. hmmm i'll have to keep my eye on this one.

robot underground bought up adire's stuff (motors and such) he is now selling them probably with parts he sourced..

I didn't even know the Adire quality were all that great as soon as Dan Wiggins started building them. But that's all heresay

Edited by dragnix

If you just like the sound of XBL^2, you can get a Stereo Integrity Mag brand new for 250. I think Ascendant Audio uses it in their line as well.

If you just like the sound of XBL^2, you can get a Stereo Integrity Mag brand new for 250. I think Ascendant Audio uses it in their line as well.

I was looking at the new mag, but it's looking a little stange these days. the price is right, but I not sure on performance. After watching Lloyds vids with alan jackson and Mariah I wanted a pair, but he new 5" mounting depth seems odd. Anyone know first hand?

RIckRolled said he listened to them and they're really good. (just in case he doesn't see this or something)

The owner of SI would not sacrifice quality just for shallower mounting depth. He reduced the line down to just a 12" so that he could focus more on it and make it the best possible. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

So it's agreed they'll both sound great. I know this question is subjective, but which will be easier for an SPL application? I really enjoy the the really low definition for my daily driving, but once in a while it's fun to dazzle spectators... of course the Napalm is in the same price range.... and so is a BL. Crap, anyone else have any thoughts/recommendations.

When i played with the brahma it would certainly get low, but not really loud. BL might be a louder option

hmm so if i buy up some old tc sounds motors i can start making custom eclipse subs? i wonder how that would fly

I would venture a guess that Dan doesn't care that much. The Adire split was bad....if I were him, I wouldn't waste my time making a legal case....just more mess. RU has the parts now and at least they're staying (relatively) true to their purpose.

From what I was told from a guy who used to work for Adire. RU doesn't have the right length coils for the brahmas to use the XBL^2 so they really aren't brahmas

I'd be worried these parts are from the last production run they had all sorts of problems with...then again I have no idea of the story behind RU.

RIckRolled said he listened to them and they're really good. (just in case he doesn't see this or something)

My username is supposed to be JimJ, it's been showing up like that ever since they changed it once as a joke and it didn't change back entirely :D

I thought the current Mag was better than the old ones, yes, but I'm looking at it from a sound quality perspective, not SPL in the least. For what he'd want to do, it'd be worse.

^^^^^^^^^ always seen RIckRolled here.

lol auto change?.... jim j

Edited by EmperorJJ1

From what I was told from a guy who used to work for Adire. RU doesn't have the right length coils for the brahmas to use the XBL^2 so they really aren't brahmas

Robot underground is a JOKE. I wouldnt buy anything from him. his subs/builds are mediocre quality at best..

Still surprise why ppl still relate the brahma with spl. IIRC Scottie J tested the brahma and tempest in SPL applications and the tempest was louder.

I would get the mag without hesitate .... if only they have 15 or 18.