Im looking into getting one and need to know some of the basics or some of the deals/companies you guys might suggest. I want it to be fast, have a long battery life, dont need more than 40 gigs, would like to have cd/dvd burner,and also 2 drives (unless it makes thething like a foot thick lol)

any help wwould be appreciated!!!

Thanks

Tom

Im looking into getting one and need to know some of the basics or some of the deals/companies you guys might suggest. I want it to be fast, have a long battery life, dont need more than 40 gigs, would like to have cd/dvd burner,and also 2 drives (unless it makes thething like a foot thick lol)

any help wwould be appreciated!!!

Thanks

Tom

The company I work for is putting some toshiba laptops on sale for $500. I will get you more details if you are interested. Go to www.compusa.com

I am using a Toshiba A10-S169 for work

its a 2.2ghz with 256ram, nice machine

I reccomend it, but I would rather have a G5 Power book

try www.pricewatch.com, they have dam near the lowest prices for every thing. just make sure you read carefully what you are getting.

Dell provides a nice comparison chart for their laptops. What are you trying to do with the laptop... ie Gaming, Work Related, etc?

I spend most of time on Dell's site, i recommend slickdeals.net to find a good deal on a Dell computer. For the requirements your looking for you can probably pick a sweet computer up from best buy, comp usa, etc. Like the earlier poster, they would have the best offer.

If your not doing heavy coding or graphics work, the only thing you'll get with a Dell is a larger payment.

[sorry for the two consecutive posts]