titanle

1 ten ported or 2 tens sealed

Ok im about to drop the hammer and get some subs but I have a question. Which one of these has the potential to get louder

1. 10" Brahma in a ported box built to spec

OR

2. 2-10" either FI BL or RE SX subs in a sealed box

Either setup will be powered by a sundown1500d.

Niether the BL or the SX are recommended to be run sealed. If you wanted an Fi sub sealed with that amp look at the SSD's. Or use the RE SE's sealed.

Niether the BL or the SX are recommended to be run sealed. If you wanted an Fi sub sealed with that amp look at the SSD's. Or use the RE SE's sealed.

sh*t ur right, sorry about that my mistake.

NO biggie, happens to everyone. You could even wait for the Icons to come out too.

I dont want to wait though, i hate having no bass lol....so I was on the RE site and i see that the SE can be sealed

on ebay a brand new RE_SE10 is $130bux so I can get 2 for roughly the same amount I was getting 1- 10" Brahma (plus shipping of course)

So if I were to get the RE SE and do a sealed box, would it get louder than the Brahma in a ported?

well it realy depends on alot of issues. what kinda of car. what kina of music. how much power. what kinda box, and lastly whos installing it.

GEnerally, 2 tens sealed vs. one ten ported seem to be about the same. Depending on how the ported box's port is setup, the sealed setup usually is more responsive and smoother sounding. If you look around on Ebay too, I have found good deals on the SE's sold in paris sometimes too which will save you a little on the shipping.

I don't care about loud, that is up to you (or the boxbuilder) anyways but I can surely tell you I'd rather have the Brahma than 2 SE's.

I don't care about loud, that is up to you (or the boxbuilder) anyways but I can surely tell you I'd rather have the Brahma than 2 SE's.

brahmas are sexy.

well it realy depends on alot of issues. what kinda of car. what kina of music. how much power. what kinda box, and lastly whos installing it.

its a nissan titan crew cab, mostly rap and rock music, powred by sundown 1500d, sealed box which will be built to RE specs of 0.6 per sub in a sealed enclosure.

Why?

a nice btl 12 would do a great job

a nice btl 12 would do a great job

That 12 won't fit under the back seat in that truck either. Too deep to upfire, and you'd have to do a major seat lift to forward fire it.