mrray13

lookie here...lol

what's this remind you of?

ok, this company was brought to my attention by soundsplinter, referring to something else. so i get to the website and what do i see? yep, looks like an uberwoofer (albeit with a smaller motor structure,or so it seems) to me!!

i wonder how close this thing is to the uberwoofer? steve, ryan...u guys ever get t/s parameters on ur uber's? i wonder if i can find any on the svsubs...

but just something to make y'all think..hehe

yeah, i know they are both made by tc sounds..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i couldn't find any...

i still believe the motor is smaller...

whatcha think? maybe soundsplinter can shed a lil light...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Doesn't look too close - I think that's only a four spoke design?

The uberwoofer only resembles products on an aesthetic level. Spec wise, the speakers that look like the uberwoofer seem to always be miles off. A good thing.

- Steve

No word from Josh yet. I paid $20 to have it tested so I assume they will be sent along with the driver. SVS is of very good quality. Do some research, you'll get some great reviews. Derek is currently running one in his f-body.

I was prodding Steve-o for info on the uber-moofer, :hay:

but I need to talk to Jlaine to see if my soul is pure and my intentions are good before I am able to learn about the ube-moofer :hyper:

but I need to talk to Jlaine to see if my soul is pure and my intentions are good before I am able to learn about the ube-moofer  :hyper:

HA!!! That's classic. May you be amongst the special few! :woot:

**UPDATE**

My UberMONSTER came in today. HOLY chit!! IT lives up to the name! No need to post pics as I think Steve has taken care of that already.

Also talked to Josh and he said the testing was wrapped up early this week and is awaiting all the final results so he can forward everything to the people who PAID to have it done. I'll hit you with a PM if Josh won't feed you the info. ;)

About frickin' time you got yours.

Did you get the grilles to 'cover' the coil? I think it looks cool either way :)

What I really want to do sometime is get mine painted the same blue as my car, or whatever color the next vehicle is that this beast goes in. I seen pictures of the same basket painted blue and another painted red before and it looked unreal.

Curious, is it an identical motor to mine?

- Steve

:(

UPS hates me sometimes... I feel like a little child pacing at the bedroom door waiting for christmas morning.

Josh had told me that dumax was finished already... ?

I think the basket would look so awesome color-matched to your vehicle. Everything is the same on mine, but yes I do have the grilles as you can see here.

ubermonster2zq.jpg

I must say though, the packaging was horrible. It came in the same way my Magnums did and it's quite a bit beefier than the Magnum. I may post a side-by-side on them tomorrow.

Like I said, all testing is COMPLETE; Josh is just awaiting all final results.

looks like some TC parts

looks like some TC parts

It is a TC Sounds woofer ... :huh: Isn't it?

well the cone, the basket and the magnet structure look very familar to many subs I have used that have come out of the TC building

looks like some TC parts

It is a TC Sounds woofer ... :huh: Isn't it?

well the cone, the basket and the magnet structure look very familar to many subs I have used that have come out of the TC building

:sadwavey: You feeling Okay??!! This is the exact same driver Steve has, except I have the little grilles on mine. :greddy2:

I think the basket would look so awesome color-matched to your vehicle.  Everything is the same on mine, but yes I do have the grilles as you can see here.

ubermonster2zq.jpg

I must say though, the packaging was horrible.  It came in the same way my Magnums did and it's quite a bit beefier than the Magnum.  I may post a side-by-side on them tomorrow. 

Like I said, all testing is COMPLETE;  Josh is just awaiting all final results.

She's a beaut eh? :D

What packaging did you get? I got a big white cardboard box with the entire coil encased in foam. I was a little worried with no wood crate and nothing covering the cone, but hey, it arrived mint so I was pleased.

You listen to it yet? I've noticed it loosened up a little bit lately ... thing sounds great.

- Steve

Packaging was nothing more than a brown box with the 2 small 1" pieces of cardboard surrounding the motor on the bottom and that cheap little cardboard piece they put over the top which is supposed to be a cushion between the cone/surround and the top of the box. No padding, no peanuts, plastic, bubble wrap. NOTHING. I was a little upset because the box was beaten to death as well, but everything seems okay.

As you can see in the pic, I have hooked it up. Josh wanted confirmation that everything was good, so I had to test it. My receiver has discrete inputs for 5.1 with a built-in sub channel crossed at 65Hz so that cam in handy albeit with a miniscule 65 watts. Put out some good sound though just sitting on the floor. Put some thoughts in my head of dipole use, but I'm afraid the baffle would have to be pretty large in order to avoid cancellation in my particular listening position. I think I'm going to pick up a QSC from Acoustic Visions for it. I have an old Carver lying around, but it pretty much makes everything in the house dim just by flipping the power button on. :blink:

Sucks to hear about that packaging - at least it's alright. You seen the pictures of the packaging I had. The thing wasn't going to move anywhere.

- Steve

Sucks to hear about that packaging - at least it's alright.  You seen the pictures of the packaging I had.  The thing wasn't going to move anywhere.

- Steve

My packaging, as it were, was exactly the same thin corrugated. One corner acutally busted open (UPS I assume) :angry2: ... but she a keeper.

Really thinking about inverting it Steve... she has a damned fine looking ask.

B)

My packaging, as it were, was exactly the same thin corrugated. One corner acutally busted open (UPS I assume)  :angry2: ... but she a keeper.

Really thinking about inverting it Steve... she has a damned fine looking ask.

B)

Wonder why you guys didn't get the same shipping I did :unsure::huh:

Invert it ... you know you want to. Do you plan on using it in-car or for HT?

- Steve

My packaging, as it were, was exactly the same thin corrugated. One corner acutally busted open (UPS I assume)

800 watts ... pfft ... come on Nick ;)

- Steve

Well, yes. This is my "daily" driver. Pun et al..

For the past few months I've been running a pair of H2.15's CRX Style, and a 2500D.

I find myself running the subs with around 600rms more often then the 1900 I originally set them up for. Of course, if I ever finish toying with my CDT's they wouldnt be as outdone... but it's 6* in the garage.

Don't worry Steve... I've got more then enough power on tap if I get bored... :o

BTW, what do you put to your's? In box if you might...?

Nick

~1700 watts ... 1.4ft^3 sealed.

Will build a larger sealed box and see if I can come up with some ported design in the new year.

I'll probably wind up wiring mine down to 4ohm at some time ... it's frickin' loud.

- Steve