Sign in to follow this  
thegr8cody

s10 extended cab

i got an ext cab s10 got rid of the blazer and i got an atomic 5000.1 and im thinking eith 2 btl 18's 2 auqioque 18's or 4 q 15's sealed.want something thats gonna move some air and slam pretty good with 5000 watts what would you do?

ahhh well, good luck on 2 18's in that small of space

if you want to run big setups like that, it'd be better do a blowthrough

I have a dime as well and I think 2 18's will create too much cabin pressure. If I were you I would go with one 18 or as I will be 2 rl-p12's.

It is if you have 2" bullet proof windows...Ive seen a few guys blow out their back window running 2 18's which is cool as hell but not if its your truck. If you are dead set on putting something big in your dime I would look into infinate baffle, which is what alot of guys do...or a blowthrough

It is if you have 2" bullet proof windows...Ive seen a few guys blow out their back window running 2 18's which is cool as hell but not if its your truck. If you are dead set on putting something big in your dime I would look into infinate baffle, which is what alot of guys do...or a blowthrough

:bull:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dont belive? Thats window flex from 1 12"

Edited by Booosh

that is a blow thru.....

and i didnt see any broken glass.

and i think most of the newer s10s have 1 glass in the rear...

and if you do a wall, the back glass is sealed away from the pressure,

glass breaks when it hits somthing.. like glass... or metal other wise it will just flex, until the air excapes else where. like a door seal or jam.

not saying that its impossible... but unusaly its winsheilds that break... from flexing... and thay break cause its two layers of thin glass... not one paine or thick tempered glass.

see how all the flex is from the box forwerd.

You are absolutly right bigjon. Although blowing out if different than breaking. If you roll up your dime windows the pressure is going to escape through the weakest point i.e rear window gasket. Thus causing it to blow out, not break. Anyhow I believe we are losing the main focus of this thread.

im sure you do think were off topic and maybe we are... but i do not think the rear window seal is the weakest point. and deff not in a wall type encloser...

as you can see here the DOOR seals are the weakest.

but there is only one way to find out.

i found a guy that got 20 cubic feet out of it.so im thinking 4 q 18's with a port where the concole would be firing forward and if that dont work i can seal it off and have a console and a sealed box lol i think thats what im gonna do

q's like larger boxes 20 cu might not be enough for 4 18's and with 5000w i think you would be better off getting the bl. it will like the 20 cu better and handle the power better. plus if you want loud it will do that better to.