amp cuts out when i:

hit brake pedal OR

turn on electric fans OR

turn on compressor OR

turn on a/c OR

turn volume to loud (with gain turned almost all the way down and/or set properly)

i have a red top under hood, a 280 amp alt., big 3, and kinetik 2400

running a hk4000d (i know these are power hungry, but not that much?) to a 18" fi btl(full loaded), all 1/0 gauge, knukonceptz rca's, jensen in-dash(vm9412)

thought it was rca's, changed them, still does it

so its either headunit rca signal(volts) or the amp

any help appreciated, been having problem awhile and just want to get it figured out!

well, the most obvious would be a voltage drop.

Regardless of your electrical system get yourself back there with a DMM and watch the voltage while somone else turns on sometin to cause it to go out. Also look at the amp to see if it shuts off or goes into protect as well.. and what the voltage is at the batt when it happens.

no voltage drop, checked the power at the terminal on the amp with a meter, doenst even drop below 14.0 volts when cutting out, actual reading is around 14.04-14.08 volts, amp also does not go into protect mode.

when it cuts out go see if it's in protect or if the amp just shut off

it does neither, thats the weird thing!

cuz with this amp(atleast in the last truck i had it in) when it goes into protect mode u have to shut down the whole system(like turn HU off which turns the amp off) and then it will work again and this just cuts out and then u turn the volume back down and baam bass comes back.

and the amp also does not shut off either.