Sign in to follow this  
Koridan

New Car New Setup

I recently got a 2006 Pontiac G6 and I want to carry over most of my curent system. i.e. HU, Maw-15's. But the G6 comes with 6.5's in the doors and 6x9's on the back deck. Which opens up all kinds of possibilities since my last car only had 6x8s all the way around. My question is. What speakers will be good to have? I seen the Mach 5 6.5s but I really would like to keep the speakers the same brand. So What Speakers are a good choice. My Budget is Probably about $200. Thanks in advance. here are the speaker specs again

Front = 6.5

Rear = 6x9

~MadroX

$200 for comps or are you doing something else for crossovers?

lets say i dont go with a comp set. and i'm going to do something different for a xover later. What can i do for some 6x9s? I really am interested in trying the mach 5 6.5's as my subs are also mach 5. Also my stock tweet size is 1.5. I want to put nothing bigger than an inch tweet in. Is there anyway i can still mount it in the stock tweet place. I'd really rather not cut a hole in my door panel. thanks

yeah you can mount in the stock location. If the aftermarket tweeter doesn't screw in securely just manufacture some sort of custom bracket. Unlike the mid, the tweeter doesn't need a secure and airtight baffle. It just needs to be tacked in so it doesn't move around.