Punkeyboozter

Another Electrical Question

Hi Guys,

So I want a SaZ 3000D and nothing else. problem is i know my electrical might or might not make it. All i Need (for the time being) is 2000RMS into 1 ohm

problem is; im half way around the world and no one is doing a alt for my car.

at the moment im pushing 1200 RMS (mono only) into 2ohms and dont have any problems with my all stock electrical

the plan is to get the big 3 done and two identical deepcycle battery's

im planning to push the 2x BL 12's if any one would want to know

my current amp will do 1750 RMS into 1 ohm but somehow i think a big amp working not so hard will give better results then a smaller one driven to its max ?? + its a sundown so i got to have it. might be the old model (if that will make a difference)as not many people use it in these parts so they might have been on the shelve for a while.

So can this be done? thx in advanse any advise are welcome

what size is your alternator

get them batts in and youll be okay.

H.O.Alt isnt as necesssary as people think

Edited by iamamp3pimp

thx guys.. i think stock is a puny 85 amps with my current setup its resting around 13.7 for most of the time and hardly ever touch 12 unless i abuse it a bit

An 85-amp alternator is *very* under-sized for a 3000D anywhere near max output. If you watch your settings and adjust the amp down then you can use it, just don't expect to produce full output for long with such a small alternator.

An 85-amp alternator is *very* under-sized for a 3000D anywhere near max output. If you watch your settings and adjust the amp down then you can use it, just don't expect to produce full output for long with such a small alternator.

i was afraid that might be the case. i only need 2000 RMS at 1 ohm. and only use it while driving. what is the mimum alt size recommended to use this amp at full potentioal....along with two deepcycle batts. i have a amp that will do 1750RMS into 1 ohms and 2000RMS into 0.5 would you suggest i rather keep it. its a so-so amp opti 2000D i think one of the models originally desighned by ZED <this might or might not be.

maybe my ass is just itchy but i really wish i could run the saz savely

jacob.. if he ran 150-200 amp hours cells like say 2 powermaster d3100's witch is 230 ah's would it be fine then.

jacob.. if he ran 150-200 amp hours cells like say 2 powermaster d3100's witch is 230 ah's would it be fine then.

thats very similar to what I run for 2 3000s a 160 amp rated alt D2400 under the hood and 2 D2700s in the trunk

thats very similar to what I run for 2 3000s a 160 amp rated alt D2400 under the hood and 2 D2700s in the trunk

you run 2 of them straped at 2 ohms or each at 1?..... and how is your voltage look while playing.

so does that mean i should be ok?

we dont have much battery choices here either what should i be goig for? ive been told to get two of the same batts one under the hood and one in the boot. this is two options i found. the first one wount fit under the hood unless i get a smaller one

http://www.carsounds.com.sg/shop/index.php...p;productId=809

Ameron

might have a few more but none that i can find at the moment

should i stick to the same bats or can i keep my stock and just add the other two of whatever i end up buying?

no you need to keep track of how many amp hours you have...

http://www.jegs.com/p/Powermaster/795651/10002/-1

see at the end of the list is AH... and then it list how many amp hours the cells have... sundown states ATLEAST 117 ah... but seems how you have only 85 max amp output from your alt.... you may need to hold eveb more amp hours....... i donno jacob has not responded as im sure hes asleep.

no you need to keep track of how many amp hours you have...

http://www.jegs.com/p/Powermaster/795651/10002/-1

see at the end of the list is AH... and then it list how many amp hours the cells have... sundown states ATLEAST 117 ah... but seems how you have only 85 max amp output from your alt.... you may need to hold eveb more amp hours....... i donno jacob has not responded as im sure hes asleep.

o ok ill wait for him to reply, i might be able to get hold of a stinger as wel.. you guys are so lucky when it comes to prices

btw i have the same voltmeter you have in your linc :drink40: very clean car

thx for all the input

With a big battery bank he'll be okay to play for longer intervals - but he will need to let the alternator catch up eventually.

you run 2 of them straped at 2 ohms or each at 1?..... and how is your voltage look while playing.

the last time I had them in they were strapped at 2 ohms cant rember what voltage drop was but it wasnt terrable Im still working on the car its probably not gonna be back together till next year at the rate Im going but at anyrate Ive made a couple changes in my wireing. before the changes after the motor was warmed up voltage would fall to the low 13s high 12 volt range now granted I have yet to drive it but after sitting for a good wile so its nice and warm and up to opperating temp voltage is still in the 14 volt range. and no I didnt buy one of the missing link pieces

I got a chance to drive it today and the voltage still drops into the low 13s when stopped at a stoplight but it may also be because I havent really given the alt time to charge the battery bank since with the batterys hooked back up every time I open a door or decide to roll down the windows it uses battery power