Sign in to follow this  
spl_explorer

Plz check my wiring

My drawing is kinda hard to understand...

Can anyone answer me this question? When you strap 2 amps you set the phase on the Master amp at 0 and the slave at 180 right?

My drawing is kinda hard to understand...

Can anyone answer me this question? When you strap 2 amps you set the phase on the Master amp at 0 and the slave at 180 right?

No. Use the BR out from the Master amp to the BR in of the Slave amp and the signal is already 180* off.

As far as your drawing I see two different ones. The one with two subs doesn't have any negative terminals for the subs so its a lil incomplete. The drawing with one sub shows it wired in parallel for a 1ohm load meaning each amp is seeing 0.5ohm.

You do not need to change any settings whatsoever on the slave. In fact, adjusting the slave amp won't do anything.

As far as your drawing I see two different ones. The one with two subs doesn't have any negative terminals for the subs so its a lil incomplete. The drawing with one sub shows it wired in parallel for a 1ohm load meaning each amp is seeing 0.5ohm.

The pic without the negative terminals on the sub was just to show the positive from each amp going to the sub. It's not meant to be a pic of the sub. Just the amps wiring... That

Ok so I talked to my buddy and your right... Each amp will see 1ohm for a final load of .5 strapped

But when I ordered everything from Jacob I told him I want to run 2 Nightshades on 2 3000Ds strapped BUT keep them under warranty...

So im all confused now lol. This strapping thing is crazy.

EDIT: Ok. If I wire each dual 2 ohm nightshade to 4 ohms each, then strap the amps together for a 2ohm load. Does that sound right to get the full power out of the amps?

:rolleyes:

Edited by spl explorer

EDIT: Ok. If I wire each dual 2 ohm nightshade to 4 ohms each, then strap the amps together for a 2ohm load. Does that sound right to get the full power out of the amps?

Thats correct. Run the coils on each sub in series then parallel both subs to the pair of strapped amps. If they are dual 2s then each amp will see 1ohm.

Thats correct. Run the coils on each sub in series then parallel both subs to the pair of strapped amps. If they are dual 2s then each amp will see 1ohm.

Thanks allot mayne! Wiring and installation has always come easy to me but this amp strapping has really threw me for a loop hahah

Sign in to follow this